T Nation

Increasing Eating, How Fast?

Most of you know me, yeah I know, I shouldn’t be here.

I went to get help though. I issued myself into a facility last week, was analyzed, the whole nine yards.

I am on serotonin medication now and have been pulled from my 80-90 minutes of swimming. For the past 2 weeks or so I have eaten 1500-2000 a day in hopes of “getting rid of the little fat I have left”. Anyways, since my average intake was 1700-1800, how quickly should I increase my calorie levels to something I will start gaining at, is 200 calories every four days OK, or too quick…?

Thanks guys, and the medicine is working! :slight_smile:

For you??? How fast as fast as possible and dont over thinkl it last thing you need to be doing is niot picking set an increase id say at LEAST 500 more and just eat the crap.

Quit analyzing so damn much and get a healthy relationship with FOOD!!

Phill

here’s what you do, everyday go to the store and get a gallon of icecream, eat that everyday ontop of everything else you eat.

[quote]Phill wrote:
For you??? How fast as fast as possible and dont over thinkl it last thing you need to be doing is niot picking set an increase id say at LEAST 500 more and just eat the crap.

Quit analyzing so damn much and get a healthy relationship with FOOD!!

Phill[/quote]

Yes, in your case a large funnel and everything that can be gotten through it. Like a food bong. Seriously man. For you I can’t fathom over and eating belonging in the same sentence at this point.

The solution is in your screenname — eat fried rice!!! And throw big pieces of chicken, beef, and fish in there as well.

Dude, if you did go in and get some help, I’m glad to hear it.

Keep talking to those people.

Stop fishing for the answers you want on this site! You have an extreme fear or phobia of “that last little bit of fat” which is unhealthy and dangerous.

Stop asking people for ways to avoid doing what you need to do.

Your question suggests to me that you are still aiming for an impossible level of lean and somehow want to add muscle only to squeak past the goals that have been set for you in terms of gaining mass.

It’s precisely this fear, phobia, obsession or whatever that you have to overcome. Don’t ask us to help you find ways to avoid doing so.

Keep at it man, don’t give up!

I looked at gaining mass calculators and stuff. I figured since my past bulk I stopped because I ended up eating like pure junk, and like 4000-5000 a day, gaining 10lbs of fat in like 3 weeks, I want to do this the right way this time so I won’t stop my bulk in fear of getting fat.

Since I can lift now until like summer it seems without fear, I will slowly go into it. I got in like 1900-2000 yesterday, and am shooting for 2000-2100 today. I plan to hit 2300-2400 by next Monday. Then, I will hold that until I stop gaining weight, at which point I will increase it to 2500-2600 a day, and so on.

I plan to stop sometime in June & July, evaluate myself, and then go from there. My goal weight as of right now is ultimately to be 150-160 range. (in the long run I want to stand at like 180-195 in the years to come)

Anyways but yeah.

Question:
How is powerade for a PWO carb source?

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
Question:
How is powerade for a PWO carb source?[/quote]

Excellent. Drink two cases a day minimum.

I do have a serious question- if you managed to take in close to 5000 a day and were actually gaining weight why did you stop? Why not just keep up the intake and try make some of the food less junk?

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
I looked at gaining mass calculators and stuff. I figured since my past bulk I stopped because I ended up eating like pure junk, and like 4000-5000 a day, gaining 10lbs of fat in like 3 weeks, I want to do this the right way this time so I won’t stop my bulk in fear of getting fat. [/quote]

Is this when you were binging on a muffin and such and complaining about actually having to eat food a couple months ago?

If so, I call bullshit.

No when I took in like 5000 it was back in September and October, and no they were binge festivals of entire cakes and literally like tens of regular brownies that most people just eat one of.

Also included were plates of french fries, greasy burger patties and pop tarts.

I want to do it right this time though and plus I don’t desire those foods at all after my experience with those binges.

Hmm. Well, honestly, if you do get around to the point that you aren’t starving yourself, you’ll probably find it easier to control your food consumption.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
No when I took in like 5000 it was back in September and October, and no they were binge festivals of entire cakes and literally like tens of regular brownies that most people just eat one of.

Also included were plates of french fries, greasy burger patties and pop tarts.

I want to do it right this time though and plus I don’t desire those foods at all after my experience with those binges. [/quote]

The funniest part of this is I bet during those “binges” was the healthiest your body has been in years.

I honestly think I have got somewhat of a hold on my eating though. I mean I haven’t gone in a full-out binge (like eating thousand calories of some junk) in over 3 weeks. (Last time was New Years Eve with like 2000+ of chocolate truffles)

Anyways lately I have been aiming for 2000-2100 and this monday I will push it to 2300. I will keep it at 2300 until I stop gaining, then just keep adding 250 until I stop.

As for diet it looks like this:
Breakfast:
2 hardboiled eggs
1 packet weight control oatmeal
8oz skim milk

Lunch:
3-5oz of Fish / Lean Meet
1.5 Cups Veg
1/2 cup Rice

or
2 Slices Whole Wheat
3oz Turkey
1oz Cheese
1 Fruit

Before Workout:
1 Fruit
.5oz Almonds

After Workout:
20oz Powerade
1 Scoop Whey

Dinner:
40-50g Protein
2-3cups Vegetable

Before Bed:
1-1.5oz Almonds

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
friedrice683 wrote:
No when I took in like 5000 it was back in September and October, and no they were binge festivals of entire cakes and literally like tens of regular brownies that most people just eat one of.

Also included were plates of french fries, greasy burger patties and pop tarts.

I want to do it right this time though and plus I don’t desire those foods at all after my experience with those binges.

The funniest part of this is I bet during those “binges” was the healthiest your body has been in years.[/quote]

If anyone believes some guy who is now hitting below 120lbs could eat “plates of french fries” after starving himself for so long (this is not some hot dog eating champ who has trained his body to accept more food), they need about as much mental help as “friedrice” does.

Since when do people with body dysmorphia and an eating disorder simply switch from anorexia to all out binge eating with no control? Did he throw up after each plate? I would believe that before anything else.

Glad to see that you are seeking counseling. That is a very good move.

Now, if you want to increase quantity, you will have to increase quality.
For a good look at some very high quality food choices, check out the Berardis (kitchen, or fridge, or something) articles.

The funny thing is, you seem to know whats wrong and whats right to some degree. Now you have to start doing whats right on a regular basis.

Good luck.

I know a lot of stuff about nutrition from reading all of the articles. I dunno if I should keep the Weight control oatmeal in there, I mean it is 160 calories, 7g protein, 6g fiber, 1g sugar (from splenda I guess). Basically just artificially flavored oatmeal.

Maybe substitute for 2 regular packets of oatmeal? dunno.

I have the sandwhich of whole wheat at lunch when there is no good meat and veg at lunch. At dinner if there is no good veg (like the veg is mashed potato) I have green salad with feta cheese sprinkled on and a little balsamic dressing.

Sometimes, if my cals are low, I put an oz of almonds in the salad at night. But most days I eat about 2oz of nuts. (That’s ok for fat intake right? I mean the only other fat in my diet is the eggs and lean meat basically)

I am just trying to hit 2000-2100 until Monday like I said because I have been in a huge calorie deficit for the past 3 weeks or so and just want to slowly ramp it up. I’ll hit 2300 a day next monday and keep it there till whenever.

Thanks for the support guys :slight_smile:

Are you serious about 2oz being acceptable amount of fat when its coming from nuts? Dude, just start eating and if you aren’t gaining weight then you aren’t eating enough. You said you want to get up to 150-160? Jeebus, just stuff yourself with food. If you are worried about it being junk don’t eat junk. Eat beef, chicken, fish, nuts, veggies, and a ton of pasta. I don’t see you gaining weight if you are only eating 2100 calories a day.

The way I look at it:
I have 4 months of pretty solid training coming up for me. Why rush it? I will let my body slowly come out and then at 2300 I will keep it until I stop gaining. I will monitor it and if I feel that I am not making ENOUGH gain, then I will kick it up more.

I am eating a crap load of vegs, meat, and stuff. Pasta though I dunno, my dining hall doesn’t have whole wheat pasta and it’s only white pasta so yeah…

Plus at lunch I think meat and vegs would be better / whole wheat turkey sandwhich.

[quote]friedrice683 wrote:
The way I look at it:
I have 4 months of pretty solid training coming up for me. Why rush it? I will let my body slowly come out and then at 2300 I will keep it until I stop gaining. I will monitor it and if I feel that I am not making ENOUGH gain, then I will kick it up more.

I am eating a crap load of vegs, meat, and stuff. Pasta though I dunno, my dining hall doesn’t have whole wheat pasta and it’s only white pasta so yeah…

Plus at lunch I think meat and vegs would be better / whole wheat turkey sandwhich. [/quote]

kid you obviously have body dysmorphic disorder. you know what looks good on a guy? muscle. the ladies don’t want no anorexic guy. what do you know what a normal amount of fat gain looks like? ur brain is blowing everything out of proportion and the people on this site continue to tell you this and yet you do not listen to common sense. ur brain is altering how you see urself cuz u obviously have low self esteem. Just friggin eat dude, im beggin you. eat even when your not hungry. ur brain is not right. even when you think ur fat ur not kid, ur just a skinny little bitch. get a grip on reality.u are not FAT!!
ur body will love you for the extra calories cuz you’ve been starving it u probably won’t even see much fat gain especially cuz you will be working out. who the frick cares about wheat or white pasta! ur body just needs food. EAAAAAAAAAAT!!!

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
kid you obviously have body dysmorphic disorder. you know what looks good on a guy? muscle. the ladies don’t want no anorexic guy. what do you know what a normal amount of fat gain looks like? ur brain is blowing everything out of proportion and the people on this site continue to tell you this and yet you do not listen to common sense. ur brain is altering how you see urself cuz u obviously have low self esteem. Just friggin eat dude, im beggin you. eat even when your not hungry. ur brain is not right. even when you think ur fat ur not kid, ur just a skinny little bitch. get a grip on reality.u are not FAT!!
ur body will love you for the extra calories cuz you’ve been starving it u probably won’t even see much fat gain especially cuz you will be working out. who the frick cares about wheat or white pasta! ur body just needs food. EAAAAAAAAAAT!!![/quote]

It won’t do any good. Hundreds have already given him such advice and FR continues to lose more and more weight.

Shit, this kid weighs 110 pounds at almost six feet tall. His messed up image of himself is going to kill him.

Sad.