Increasing Calories In Grow! Shakes

I started bartending on evenings 4 days/week, which has thrown my eating completely out of whack. That’s 6 hours of non-stop cardio (the bar has a cocktail lounge where I’m also a part-time server) without eating. So I want to massively increase my calorie intake w/ the Grow! shake I drink before clocking in. I’m thinking of adding some fish oil and a handfull of walnuts and unsweetened raisins or craisins. Would that be suitable? Thanks in advance for the suggestions…

[quote]Panther1015 wrote:
I started bartending on evenings 4 days/week, which has thrown my eating completely out of whack. That’s 6 hours of non-stop cardio (the bar has a cocktail lounge where I’m also a part-time server) without eating. So I want to massively increase my calorie intake w/ the Grow! shake I drink before clocking in. I’m thinking of adding some fish oil and a handfull of walnuts and unsweetened raisins or craisins. Would that be suitable? Thanks in advance for the suggestions…[/quote]

If you’re talking massive, why worry about the ‘unsweetened’ raisins. Add blueberries, strawberries, definately some oil–whatever. Like you said–6 hrs. of non-stop cardio to follow. Throw in a beef jerky or two–most bars have them or bring them with as a snack and you are good to go.

I was thinking of bringing some Grow! bars, but I honestly wouldn’t have a chance to eat them. We get REALLY busy when I’m there. It’s hard to sneak in a bite of anything sometimes.

http://www.johnberardi.com/updates/2005_02_01_.html

The Super Shake recipe is on this page. You can add more than he says if you really want to pack in the calories. It’s a great shake.

Natural peanut butter is a great choice. Blended into chocolate Grow! it also tastes like a Reeses peanut butter cup.

I agree with the rest a form of Good fats any nut will be great that and maybe denser carb choices. When trying to Kep weight on my mom post cancer surgery I was even putting instant potatoes and or minute rice in the shakes. Both are not noticable except the thickening. Oats are great. fruit. All of those will make the shake MUCH more dense.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
Natural peanut butter is a great choice. Blended into chocolate Grow! it also tastes like a Reeses peanut butter cup.

[/quote]

I agree with Chris, I started using this recently and love it. The taste is unbeatable!

wy bother with Grow! if you are interested in calories, just get a wait gainer shake.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
wy bother with Grow! if you are interested in calories, just get a wait gainer shake.[/quote]

Wait gainer? Must be a new shake for impatient people.

But seriously, they’re notorious for being made with low-class ingredients.

Natural peanut butter and Grow! is heaven.

You really want to jack the calorie count, use whipping cream (heavy cream) instead of milk/water. Nothing but calories and a great consistency as well.