Increasing Bench on TBT (Help)

I’m doing TBT and my bench has been stuck, I’ve been rep’ing 225 for the last 2-3 months and can’t break through.

I tried switch to DB press for the last 3 weeks (hoping a change up would help) but haven’t noticed a change. I’ll put up 6-7 reps my first set, 5 my second and then my third I can get 3 with weak form.

I’m basically looking for suggestions as to how I can build up my bench while on TBT.

thanks
-Greg

I’ve been on TBT for the last 6 weeks and have had great results so far. It says in the program to switch up chest exercises every two weeks, so if you haven’t been doing that it might help.

Second, how is your diet? If you are not eating properly then your workouts will suffer. What about your other lifts, are they progressing? I was able to up my reps and load quite significantly while doing bench press, but I was also switching between decline, incline, and flat bench press on each workout day.

[quote]The Replacement wrote:
I’m doing TBT and my bench has been stuck, I’ve been rep’ing 225 for the last 2-3 months and can’t break through.

I tried switch to DB press for the last 3 weeks (hoping a change up would help) but haven’t noticed a change. I’ll put up 6-7 reps my first set, 5 my second and then my third I can get 3 with weak form.

I’m basically looking for suggestions as to how I can build up my bench while on TBT.

thanks
-Greg[/quote]

Where is bench in your workout?

Where are you failing on your bench?

How often are you benching, and how long have you been using flat bench?

[quote]The Replacement wrote:

thanks

-Greg[/quote]

Heavy close grip rack lockouts (3-4 sets of 4-6 reps) have done wonders for my bench. Completely eliminated my stick point as well. Give em a try.

^^^^

That’s a good one, I’m going to use it.

Do a search online and maybe even on here for (dogcrap)its a training method specifically for sticking points and platues.other then that do heavy negatives,do partials in the power rack,or just blast heavy metal.