Increasing BCAA Absorbsion

Im gonna make this short, I got my ass kicked this morning doing a strength endurance circuit for wrestling and when I threw up I noticed little marshmellow lookin things in the toilet. Since I didn’t have any marshmellow for breakfast but did have some bcaa tablets it made me question the effectiveness of these little bastards for a peri workout supplament.

My question is, is there a way that I can increase their absorbsion rate? I workout in the morning and it usually lasts about 1-1.5 hours if that helps.

Break the caps open and dump them in your drink. Add some natural lemon juice in the water to mask the (bitter) taste.

Edit: are you using Biotest BCAA? Didn’t seem like it because they wouldn’t leave the little marshmallow-looking things. Those are most likely the remnants of capsules, whereas Biotest uses solid pills.

[quote]Affliction wrote:
Break the caps open and dump them in your drink. Add some natural lemon juice in the water to mask the (bitter) taste.

Edit: are you using Biotest BCAA? Didn’t seem like it because they wouldn’t leave the little marshmallow-looking things. Those are most likely the remnants of capsules, whereas Biotest uses solid pills.[/quote]

Thanks for the response! Ya, I don’t use Biotest bcaa, I use stuff that comes in tablets. Does it really matter howmuch water is used or should I wait till my water bottle it about half-full than add them?

Well, CT over on his thread recently said some newer research is showing that BCAA ingestion 30 minutes prior to working out might be optimal.

In all honestly, you are probably just splitting hairs. Get them in peri-workout, as you stated. Whatever time doesn’t give you digestive issues, if that is a problem for you, especially since you seem to be doing metabolically-demanding work.

Ok, thanks for the advise.

Hey, no problem. Hope it helped. You can wait to see what others have to say if you wish - there might be those with a different opinion than mine.

This has always worked for me, however.

What dosage are you taking? Do you only take it during your workout, or do you take it at any other points throughout the day?

Just curious…