Increased Recovery Setback Results?

I was reading supertraining by mel siff and he said in it that “if certain recovery methods are employed after a workout, then the positive after-effects (or training effect) stimulated by the workout tend to be negated” He cites research by Talyshev to back this up. I was wondering if I was reading this information wrong or does this mean that most of the recovery methods I have been using in the past have been reducing my results?

[quote]thefight wrote:
I was reading supertraining by mel siff and he said in it that “if certain recovery methods are employed after a workout, then the positive after-effects (or training effect) stimulated by the workout tend to be negated” He cites research by Talyshev to back this up. I was wondering if I was reading this information wrong or does this mean that most of the recovery methods I have been using in the past have been reducing my results?[/quote]

Steroids make you recover faster, and we all know the negative effects they have on strength and muscle gains…

You can make a study showing anything you want to show man.

There have been alot of studys, almost every westside guy does active recovery work and some pro bodybuilders get massages to help speed up recovery. Not to mention how many supplements are sold to speed up recovery to make more strength and size gains.

Case and point, no you havent been reducing your gains.