Increased Body Odor

I have noticed over the last 6 months or so that my underarm odor has increased dramatically. I haven’t made any dietary chages, other than 2 weeks on the V diet, so I’m curious as to what is going on.

At first I thought maybe I just needed to wash my armpits twice, that maybe as we get older (I’m 31) body odor increases a bit. B?t I’ve since noticed that 1/2 an hour after showering and washing twice, as soon as I start sweating, the sweat immediately comes out pungent and strong smelling.

I’m assuming it has to do with the digestive system…

Any thoughts as to what’s going on?

BTW I shave my armpits

Could this be caused by increased protein intake??

No idea why this may be…but use deodorant!! :slight_smile:

Are you taking any supplements or vitamins? Changed brands of protein? Made significant alterations in your diet?

I have a very sensitive metabolism and any of the above have the potential to alter my… um… scent. I have to be very careful with things or ‘things’ can get downright funky (thank god it clears up immediately when I change/eliminate the offending item!!).

Yeah I would check whatever you’re eating.

Every now and again I have a cigar. Afterwards, if I hit the gym that same day, my sweat smells like it. Don’t remind me of what a poor combination those two are…I know. But the point remains, I can smell it through my pores. Hey, I think I can smell the fish oil through my urine too. Go fig.

I don’t think it has anything to do with getting older. I’m 36 and my scent hasn’t changed since body hair started coming in last year (j/k about the last part). I suppose it could be some other fundamental change in your hormone levels or something else endocrine related.

DB

[quote]~karma~ wrote:
Are you taking any supplements or vitamins? Changed brands of protein? Made significant alterations in your diet?

I have a very sensitive metabolism and any of the above have the potential to alter my… um… scent. I have to be very careful with things or ‘things’ can get downright funky (thank god it clears up immediately when I change/eliminate the offending item!!).[/quote]

Yes, thank you Karma! I started taking CVS brand chewable multis and Vitamin C about 6 months ago.

But but but: I was in Europe for 2 months, just got back on SUnday, and took no supplements at all in that time.

Hmmm.

[quote]Sonny S wrote:

Yes, thank you Karma! I started taking CVS brand chewable multis and Vitamin C about 6 months ago.

But but but: I was in Europe for 2 months, just got back on SUnday, and took no supplements at all in that time.

Hmmm. [/quote]

Well, that slices your situation right open then doesn’t it… You’re showering again! It’s not funk you’re smelling, it’s cleanliness! I’m sure it’s scary initially but trust me it’s going to be ok.

Surely I Jest…

Stop calling me Shirley.

GAINER.

Well if you’ve been off the vitamins for 2 months and you still have issues… sorry, you may just have issues. :wink:

Don’t know what to tell you on that then. My funk goes away within 3 days max once I eliminate the source. I have no idea if it would have to do with metabolic byproducts or not, but it couldn’t hurt to try some digestive aides (protease enzyme like bromelain and probiotics like Intesti-Flora). If that does nothing for you then perhaps eliminate certain things in your diet slowly and see if there’s any change.

What does the funk smell like? Maybe your body is still producing excess ketones.

-Dan

[quote]buffalokilla wrote:
What does the funk smell like? Maybe your body is still producing excess ketones.

-Dan[/quote]

Its pungent and strong.

Thing is, it started a few months BEFORE I did the V diet, which is why I can’t understand what’s going on. I’ll probably have to try a digestive aid like Karma suggests.