Increase Upper Arm Width (Side to Side)

im gaining arm size from tricep to bicep. this makes my arm look bigger when viewed from the side. but i can’t seem to gain width from side to side. so my upper arm looks the same from the front view. is there a special exercise to do this?

no

Masterbating more often may help

…other than that, not to my knowledge

Try push ups with a bit of load. Fill a ruck sack with a phone directory and use that.

DB hammer curls, reverse curls (try to hit the brachialis)

See this:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459427

[quote]NOS wrote:
Try push ups with a bit of load. Fill a ruck sack with a phone directory and use that.[/quote]

-Bewildered-

[quote]cdxer wrote:
im gaining arm size from tricep to bicep. this makes my arm look bigger when viewed from the side. but i can’t seem to gain width from side to side. so my upper arm looks the same from the front view. is there a special exercise to do this?[/quote]

What lifts are you doing now?

[quote]duffyj2 wrote:
NOS wrote:
Try push ups with a bit of load. Fill a ruck sack with a phone directory and use that.

-Bewildered-[/quote]

Well, a couple of phone books.

i agree w/ boffin that you should try to hit the brachialis. reverse curls are BEST in my book. besides, they also build the forearms, and who here wouldn’t want big and strong forearms with those guns of there’s?

just make sure to use an easy curl bar. its easier on the wrists.

The solution is simple…
55010 CGP/RGCGPs
10 BB curls
will make your arms look a lot bigger from any angle.

And try out Pinwheel curls for brachialis/forearms.

How big are your arms now?

Get them to a lean 18 and then see if you have reason to worry about “front width”.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
The solution is simple…
55010 CGP/RGCGPs
10 BB curls

And try out Pinwheel curls for brachialis/forearms.[/quote]

what exactly are pinwheel curls? that’s a new one on me…

I agree with Anonym… get jacked and there won’t be issues…

[quote]tapoutRblackout wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
The solution is simple…
55010 CGP/RGCGPs
10 BB curls

[/quote]

Haven’t seen them used much outside of DC training.

Dunno why he RP’ed them, prolly to change things up a little.
And if I catch any 150 pound weakling complaining about his form, I’m so going to invade your country and kill your children…

Anyway, the exercise is imo better than Hammer curls and such, easier to progress (somehow… at least for me).
They’re the alternating DB curls of forearm exercises.

Give 'em a try, good stuff like all of Dante’s exercise variations.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
tapoutRblackout wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
The solution is simple…
55010 CGP/RGCGPs
10 BB curls

Haven’t seen them used much outside of DC training.

Dunno why he RP’ed them, prolly to change things up a little. And if I catch any 150 pound weakling complaining about his form, I’m so going to invade your country and kill your children…

Anyway, the exercise is imo better than Hammer curls and such, easier to progress (somehow… at least for me). They’re the alternating DB curls of forearm exercises.

Give 'em a try, good stuff like all of Dante’s exercise variations.
[/quote]

god dam thats some serious strengh, dude pinwheel curling more than I db bench haha. i also think pinwheel curls are better since you can use more wieght

it sounds like a brachialis issue, try incline hammer curls EMG testing shows that to activate the brachialis best followed by reverse curls

This is a picture you posted of your arms last year.

Once again, I will repeat that, given that your arms were twigs 12 months ago, you most likely simply need to keep gaining size on them, in general (unless they grew to a lean 18+ in this time period).

[quote]anonym wrote:
How big are your arms now?

Get them to a lean 18 and then see if you have reason to worry about “front width”.[/quote]

The one piece of advice that should have ended the thread…that he will no doubt skip over to focus in on everyone making this ridiculously complicated.

I thought I had “thin” biceps too when they were only 15". They stop being thin WHEN THEY ACTUALLY GET BIG.

[quote]anonym wrote:
This is a picture you posted of your arms last year.

Once again, I will repeat that, given that your arms were twigs 12 months ago, you most likely simply need to keep gaining size on them, in general (unless they grew to a lean 18+ in this time period).[/quote]

[/thread]

Reverse curls, Zottmans, hammer curls, levering and also mix up your pulling sessions: use a neutral grip more frequently. Replace barbell dead with trap bar deads.

I assume you’ve built up your arms considerably thus far (with everything else) so I’ll say this: you’re going to need a new growing spurt to even things out as far as upper arm width is concerned. Don’t look at this as simply refining what you’ve built so far.