Increase Squat 100 Pounds in 10 Wks?

I think you missed his point.

[quote]elih8er wrote:
IainK wrote:
Pinto wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Pinto wrote:
But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this!

Whoa, what time zone do you live in where 10 weeks = 1 month? I want to move there.

Oh- my bad- I misunderstood. In that case, 100 lbs in 10 weeks is totally do-able. By the same logic, I’ll be squatting 1300 in less than a year.

I’ve made 100lb gains every 10 weeks by changing the way I train! Off course with all the fucking about I loose 100lbs at the start of each method.

And how much gear are you cycling?..[/quote]

Re-read his last 2 sentences.

I guess 100lbs in ten weeks is possible, given that you are a beginner and take LOTs of Test/Dbol/Winny

• Increase overall leg, lower back, and core strength (edit: 20RM, not 1RM)

• Condition your cardiovascular system with high rep squats

• Add some girth to those thighs through higher rep hypertrophy of the quads and hams

• Spend some time really practicing and perfecting your squat form (edit: can you practice good form if you’re gasping for air?)

I get the impression that this program is a jack of all trades and a master of none. It’s simply trying to do too much for too many kinds of people - powerlifters, bodybuilders, endurance athletes - in 10 weeks.

[quote]tuchavito wrote:
do you guys think i should use any speciallization program,

Deadlift:150kg like 330 pounds
Squat: 120kg like 264 punds
bench:90 kg

i feel they are too low, considering that i weight 115 kg (some overweight) and i am 1.78m tall, i’ve been lifting like for 1 year, maybe a little more and i wanna bring up all my lifts[/quote]

Just as strong, but I’m only 63kg. Anyway, I’d echo what people have been saying about Smolov. It’s amazing. However, I’d recommend trying Smolov Jr. first. When I did that, I increased my 1RM squat by 40lbs in 3 weeks.

Did the first poster read the article he pointed to? I quote:

"If you follow these guidelines carefully, you could add 90-100 pounds to your 20-rep max squat in just over two months. "

There is a difference between 1RM strength and 20RM strength…

That being said, Smolov is the holy grail of squat programs. If you want to squat a lot, then you have to squat a lot. Once a week does not cut it.

I have never gained more than 30kg on entire Smolov, I tought that was awesome gains, and it was brutally hard to. 100lbs in 10 weeks from squatting once a week on your 20-rm squat? Eh… hum, I would not put my rent money on it, but I guess someone could do it, but it is not likely.

[quote]stallion wrote:
Did the first poster read the article he pointed to? I quote:

"If you follow these guidelines carefully, you could add 90-100 pounds to your 20-rep max squat in just over two months. "

There is a difference between 1RM strength and 20RM strength…

That being said, Smolov is the holy grail of squat programs. If you want to squat a lot, then you have to squat a lot. Once a week does not cut it.

I have never gained more than 30kg on entire Smolov, I tought that was awesome gains, and it was brutally hard to. 100lbs in 10 weeks from squatting once a week on your 20-rm squat? Eh… hum, I would not put my rent money on it, but I guess someone could do it, but it is not likely.[/quote]

yeah, sorry man!, when you’re a beginner, well every article that claims to make you stronger, well it catches your attention, now it seems a little unrealistic