Increase Squat 100 Pounds in 10 Wks?

look at this article, what do you think about it??
http://www.content4reprint.com/fitness/muscle-building/increase-your-squat-by-100-pounds-in-10-weeks.htm#comments

i forgot to bring my shovel while i read that hootspa

I’ve heard worse advice before, but I doubt very much anyone who has trained before could really make any use out of it.

why don’t you just say why you think it’s unproductive, I know that adding 10& each week is too much, but those are with pauses

It souds a little out there, but Smolov is 10-15 weeks (can’t remember off the top of my head) and it seems to work wonders for people. I’m going to be trying it pretty soon.

[quote]Trenchant wrote:
It souds a little out there, but Smolov is 10-15 weeks (can’t remember off the top of my head) and it seems to work wonders for people. I’m going to be trying it pretty soon.[/quote]

Yeah, but the big difference is that Smolov is very methodical in how it increases the weight, both from one session to the next and from one week to the next. This one just kind of jumps back and forth from one rep/set scheme to another while continually raising the weight by 5% each week. It makes very little sense.

BTW, Definitely give Smolov a shot. Nothing says “hardcore” like squatting 4 times a week. And it will do amazing things for your squat.

[quote]ctschneider wrote:
Trenchant wrote:
It souds a little out there, but Smolov is 10-15 weeks (can’t remember off the top of my head) and it seems to work wonders for people. I’m going to be trying it pretty soon.

Yeah, but the big difference is that Smolov is very methodical in how it increases the weight, both from one session to the next and from one week to the next. This one just kind of jumps back and forth from one rep/set scheme to another while continually raising the weight by 5% each week. It makes very little sense.

BTW, Definitely give Smolov a shot. Nothing says “hardcore” like squatting 4 times a week. And it will do amazing things for your squat.[/quote]

Agreed, in the base phase of 3 weeks of smolov you increase the weight twice. Even this amount of weight increase is tough, but the fact that you do 4 workouts, each getting heavier throughout the week helps.

I would say this program might work for a few weeks if that. Try smolov if you want a program that will work :wink:

waaaaaaaay too arbitrary… try smolov.

Smolov + gear = 100lbs on squat.

(edit: i’m being facetious, take that as u will)

Hey man, smolov for my deadlift bumped it about 80 lbs. It was also colossally hard. Never done it for squats.

do you guys think i should use any speciallization program,

Deadlift:150kg like 330 pounds
Squat: 120kg like 264 punds
bench:90 kg

i feel they are too low, considering that i weight 115 kg (some overweight) and i am 1.78m tall, i’ve been lifting like for 1 year, maybe a little more and i wanna bring up all my lifts

+1 or whatever on Smolov.

I’m in the switching phase now, and after the base mesocycle I added 40 lbs to my 1RM. Can’t say I’ve had those results from anything else. It takes a lot of dedication and its brutal, but well worth it.

[quote]tuchavito wrote:

i feel they are too low, considering that i weight 115 kg (some overweight) and i am 1.78m tall, i’ve been lifting like for 1 year, maybe a little more and i wanna bring up all my lifts[/quote]

We are about the same strength.

I’m having huge success right now raising weight every 4th week. Easily added 20lbs to my squat this month.

You use the same weights for 3 weeks but decrease rest times each week. Then on the 4th week you add weight and use that for another month.

That’s what my coach has me doing. I always tried to raise the weight every single week and hadn’t tried this method before. It’s working well.

Well- I’ll be goddamned. Here I’ve been- tweaking my technique and my gear, fucking around with bands and chains, clinging to the threads of wisdom I’ve culled from countless conversations with lifters better than me- all just get another 20 or 30 lb PR in my next meet month months away. But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this!

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
tuchavito wrote:

i feel they are too low, considering that i weight 115 kg (some overweight) and i am 1.78m tall, i’ve been lifting like for 1 year, maybe a little more and i wanna bring up all my lifts

We are about the same strength.

I’m having huge success right now raising weight every 4th week. Easily added 20lbs to my squat this month.

You use the same weights for 3 weeks but decrease rest times each week. Then on the 4th week you add weight and use that for another month.

That’s what my coach has me doing. I always tried to raise the weight every single week and hadn’t tried this method before. It’s working well.[/quote]

that program sounds good to me,could you tell me more please?, like how much decrease rest periods and how much increase weight, i sadly have no couch, or someone to help me

[quote]Pinto wrote:
But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this![/quote]

Whoa, what time zone do you live in where 10 weeks = 1 month? I want to move there.

Smolov for deadlift aragon? That does sound pretty intense. I love deadlifting but I don’t do too much high rep work. I think i’ll have to give this a shot sometime.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
Well- I’ll be goddamned. Here I’ve been- tweaking my technique and my gear, fucking around with bands and chains, clinging to the threads of wisdom I’ve culled from countless conversations with lifters better than me- all just get another 20 or 30 lb PR in my next meet month months away. But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this![/quote]

Can’t wait for the new video of 900!

[quote]malonetd wrote:
Pinto wrote:
But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this!

Whoa, what time zone do you live in where 10 weeks = 1 month? I want to move there.[/quote]

Oh- my bad- I misunderstood. In that case, 100 lbs in 10 weeks is totally do-able. By the same logic, I’ll be squatting 1300 in less than a year.

[quote]Pinto wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Pinto wrote:
But, if I just follow this simple plan, I’ll take my squat from 800 to 900 in one month. I’m totally fucking sold on this!

Whoa, what time zone do you live in where 10 weeks = 1 month? I want to move there.

Oh- my bad- I misunderstood. In that case, 100 lbs in 10 weeks is totally do-able. By the same logic, I’ll be squatting 1300 in less than a year.[/quote]

I’ve made 100lb gains every 10 weeks by changing the way I train! Off course with all the fucking about I loose 100lbs at the start of each method.

[quote]IainK wrote:
Pinto wrote:
malonetd wrote:
Pinto wrote:

Oh- my bad- I misunderstood. In that case, 100 lbs in 10 weeks is totally do-able. By the same logic, I’ll be squatting 1300 in less than a year.

I’ve made 100lb gains every 10 weeks by changing the way I train! Off course with all the fucking about I loose 100lbs at the start of each method.

[/quote]

And how much gear are you cycling?..