Increase Protein?

Flaxseed oil [cold-pressed] too is beneficial along similar lines as fish-oil. Although not exactly the same make-up it’s one thing you should consider too health-wise.

[quote]Whisper9999 wrote:
Dboy wrote:
Whisper9999 wrote:
ipjunkie wrote:
Whisper9999 wrote:
This is what I needed to hear. Actually, I have heard it before, so I’ll just do it.

But what I was also interested in is if increased protein was much better than supps. And when I think about the posts (in general), protein is much more integral
So I think I’m going to lay off all supps and just do the protein thing.
I view protein powder as a food and not a supplement, as it just helps me get adequate amounts ever day. I have a whey protein that I use as well as a blended protein (yummy, yummy, Grow!). It’s VERY challenging to get over 1g/lb a day without having a protein “supplement” around.

Here is what I would consider essential supplements aside from protein powder:

-Fish Oil
-Multi Vitamin

That, along with adequate protein intake and smart eating, will get you a long way. Later, once everything is dialed in and working for you, then you can try a supplement and you’ll be able to fairly judge whether it works for you or not.

I’ve read a lot of great things about fish oil, but I’m curious what your reasoning was and why you think that’s an absolute essential?

From JB’s site…

Without them, health and body composition will suffer…the downstream metabolic products of ALA (DHA and EPA) are powerful fats responsible for things like: increased metabolic rate, improved fat burning, increased carbohydrate storage in muscle, better glucose and insulin tolerance, reduced blood lipids, reduced risk of platelet aggregation, cardiovascular disease, cancer, and diabetes.

I’d say that,

= ESSENTIAL

Danny

How much do you take each day? Also, can you pm me JB’s site?

[/quote]

How’s it going? JB’s site is johnberardi.com

I take around 3 grams combined DHA/EPA per day.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Danny