Increase Explosive Force - Instantly!

So would you be able to stack this with other supps that are supposed to boost GH like ZMA in an effort to REALLY boost GH?

With this supplement, will it simply move you toward whatever your ultimate strength and hypertrophy ceiling is at a faster rate or could it potentially increase whatever those thresholds may be to some extent? e.g. strength and size gains tend to slow as you increase in training age, but the article said that this supplement continues to have an impact over time and with regular usage; but I’m assuming there must be a drop off point since 30-pound increase over previous PR’s and the like would only be able to come for so long or else we’d have more super-humanly strong guys coming down the pipeline

Even for an individual with a high proportion of slow twitch fibers, would this supplement be useful to maximize what they do get from their fast-twicth fibers?

Similarly, due to the GH boost, would this be useful even during phases where the dominant training is toward the lighter end of the scale- 8 reps and up- and not more neurally focused? I’m assuming so, but I always want to maximize the benefits of what I take and not add to many supplements to the mix at one time.

I just purchased two bottles. I’m going to give it a try and tell everyone what happens.

I’ll make a good lab rat as my max lifts are pretty constant. I might have good days versus bad, but I’d know a 14% increase.

Since my max deadlift is currently at 500 lbs. I guess it wouldn’t be unrealistic to expect a 50 lb. bump right? Not to be skeptical, but I’d crap a solid gold brick if it happened.

In fact if I can realize even half that, I’ll get a Biotest tatoo.

Shipment should hit my door on Monday. I’ll write after my first training session with it and give y’all the gory details, good or bad.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
Tim Z:

How long do the effects of a single dose last?

Say I take 1200 mg about 90 min before my 11 am workout. Would I need to take a second dose for the same benefits if I plan on working out a SECOND time in the evening?

Also, does Alpha-GPC “linger” in your system if you’ve been on it for a while ( > 3 weeks), and are there any known toxicity issues?[/quote]

Ponce,

alpha-GPC is rapidly broken down by a diesterase to form glycerophosphate and choline. Plasma choline levels can remain elevated for ~6 hrs, but the effects of GPC on GH and explosive force output are much shorter lived. So I’d recommend splitting your 1200 mg dose into two doses of 600 mg each.

No known toxicity issues for up to 6 months of continuous use.

It’s great stuff. Enjoy!

TZ

[quote]dcb wrote:
In the article, it says to use 900-1200 mg’s 60-90 minutes before training. On the bottle it says that one serving (2 capsules) equals 600 mg’s, so there’s 300 mg’s per capsule. Why isn’t a serving 3 or 4 capsules?

Also, what was the dosage used in the study?[/quote]

The dosage we used in our study was 600 mg taken 90 min prior to exercise.

TZ

[quote]cutthoat25 wrote:
i wonder if Alpha-GPC can be taken with Alpha Male, HOT-ROX, etc.[/quote]

There are no known interactions with herbs or other dietary supps. That said, and as I always say, prudence dictates starting out slowly when combining any supps.

TZ

[quote]London Runner wrote:
Am I right in thinking that this will only improve Explosive lifts?

So this is best used for getting the Bench, Power Clean, Olympic lift numbers up?

Also, would this be best for someone whos explosive strength has seen a considerable slow down, i.e. not really making strength gains any more or haven’t made seen strength gains in a while?[/quote]

GPC works to enhance what some scientists call the “mind to muscle” connection. Therefore, it’s benefits are almost certainly NOT limited to explosive lifts. It just is easier to manifest those gains in a laboratory setting.

TZ

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
Is there any benifit to taking outside workouts (example before bed) to increase GH?[/quote]

Great question. Unfortunately, we don’t know quite yet (grinning).

TZ

[quote]cheeta wrote:
I was wondering if this is ok for women to use? [/quote]

Yep, sure is.

TZ

Regarding dosage, I just want to be sure:

The label (and Tim’s post above) says 600 mg (2 caps/1 serving) 60-90 mins prior to training.

The article says “Take 900 mg to 1,200 mg, 60 â?? 90 minutes prior to training or competition.”

That is a 50-100% difference in dosage, - which is correct ?

Was wondering how the explosive effects are similar to the explosive effects I have noticed from taking Beta Alanine? Would there be any comparison between the two?

[quote]Tim Ziegenfuss wrote:
PonceDeLeon wrote:
Tim Z:

How long do the effects of a single dose last?

Say I take 1200 mg about 90 min before my 11 am workout. Would I need to take a second dose for the same benefits if I plan on working out a SECOND time in the evening?

Also, does Alpha-GPC “linger” in your system if you’ve been on it for a while ( > 3 weeks), and are there any known toxicity issues?

Ponce,

alpha-GPC is rapidly broken down by a diesterase to form glycerophosphate and choline. Plasma choline levels can remain elevated for ~6 hrs, but the effects of GPC on GH and explosive force output are much shorter lived. So I’d recommend splitting your 1200 mg dose into two doses of 600 mg each.

No known toxicity issues for up to 6 months of continuous use.

It’s great stuff. Enjoy!

TZ
[/quote]

How much shorter lived?

[quote]Tim Ziegenfuss wrote:
GPC works to enhance what some scientists call the “mind to muscle” connection.

TZ
[/quote]

Doesn’t Power Drive do that as well?

LR

[quote]DD90 wrote:
Regarding dosage, I just want to be sure:

The label (and Tim’s post above) says 600 mg (2 caps/1 serving) 60-90 mins prior to training.

The article says “Take 900 mg to 1,200 mg, 60 â?? 90 minutes prior to training or competition.”

That is a 50-100% difference in dosage, - which is correct ?[/quote]

My recommendation is to start with 600 mg 60-90 min prior…you can always take it up a notch later.

TZ

[quote]Hard2Gain wrote:
Was wondering how the explosive effects are similar to the explosive effects I have noticed from taking Beta Alanine? Would there be any comparison between the two?[/quote]

I’ve never heard of explosive effects from beta alanine (BA). In fact, the research so far indicates that it takes 4-6 wks of continuous supplementation with high-dose BA to note an effect (on muscle fatigue via buffering of hydrogen ions). But if it works for you, cool. GPC uses a completely different mechanism of action.

TZ

I’m wondering if this can be used with ALCAR? I read from Poliquin that taking 2400mg of ALCAR with Alpha-GPC helps potentiate it.

sounds good, but I dont understand why more acetylcholine in my synapses increases muscle fibre
recruitment. Just because I´ve more of it my neuromuscular end-plate wont use more of it, because it just depends on the frequency of the action-potentials ( not shure if that is the correct english translation). Can anybody explain?
Another question: would it be helpful or maybe necessary to stack it with calcium?

Thanks

This is fascinating. I’ll be following people’s experiences closely to decide whether I should get some.

Are there any NCAA rules about this?

People are getting too hung up on GH boosting effect. The rise in GH from using this (or any other GH secretagogue supplement for that matter) will have next to no effect for either muscle building or fat loss. Bodybuilders use huge GH doses and for long amount of time stacked at least with anabolic steroids (usually they also use IGFs and insulin as well for muscle building) and the injected GH rises blood GH levels 10-20 times from normal range.

Dampfnudel raised very good question. It really would be interesting to hear other theories about possible mechanism of action for this compound (maybe it acts as a transmitter and is ‘immune’ to acetylcholine-esterase?). It’s a well known fact that acetylcholine acts as a transmitter between neuron and muscle fibers and anything that increases the concentrations of it in postsynaptic gap would increase muscle contraction, but at the same time we would get uncontrollable muscle cramps, so maybe not.

More background about this compound would be pretty cool.

Are there any NCAA rules about this?[/quote]

It’s not on the Banned Substance list as of this year, so you should be fine