Increase Energy/Mood/Feel Better?

So million dollar question. What supplements can i take for increased energy, mood and overall feeling? Currently Im taking vitamin d, c, and omega 3.

Whats everyone taking for overall feeling/mood/etc?

Well, given how vague your question is, my first thought is to assess your sleep and diet. Do you sleep well? Is your diet meeting your energy and nutrition needs?

If you have the basics covered, then take a look at this thread: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/nootropics_i_have_loved

My sleep is shit, to be honest. I get around 7-8 hours a night but wake up groggy and tired and cranky. I cant remember the last time i felt refreshed and great after waking up…

Also, not sure about the diet part either. Im on a high protein/fat low carb diet at the moment

Low carb diets can sometimes cause poor sleep, so your issues may be related. A good place to start for supplements would be Zinc - specifically Z-12 or ZMA - before you go to bed. You may also want a multi-vitamin or multi-mineral such as Biotest’s Elite Pro Minerals, especially if you are limiting vegetables on your diet.

If that doesn’t help with sleep, I use melatonin. Some people don’t respond to it, but it helps me quite a bit.

Hope that helps.

Iv been reaserching the ZMA and im gonna give that a try. Gonna play around with a few things and see what happens;

Thanks for your input!

[quote]ESPguitarist1990 wrote:
So million dollar question. What supplements can i take for increased energy, mood and overall feeling? Currently Im taking vitamin d, c, and omega 3.

Whats everyone taking for overall feeling/mood/etc?[/quote]

I’ve found that taking Rhodiola Rosea first thing in the morning (empty stomach) is great for increasing energy and improving mood.

Im pretty sure its my sleep thats messing up my days. I got 8 hours last night, woke up groggy and feeling like i sept 3 hours. I gotta fix that first

It sounds like sleep quality is your problem. What time of day are you execising? This could have an impact on the much needed deep sleep. See this study on the topic: http://libres.uncg.edu/ir/asu/f/Fairbrother,%20Kimberly_2011_Thesis.pdf. In a nutshell exercise at 7:00 am was found to be best for deep sleep (compared to 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm). Low sample size, but worth a shot nonetheless. A caveat: the author looked at aerobic exercise.

5pm, right after work.

Sleep is definitely the problem.