Increase Bone Thickness With Training?

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Resistance training DOES increase bone density, this has actually been proven and is not just a theory.[/quote]

Dude, if that’s you in that avatar, you could pass for a contract killer, a gang member, or simply some guy who should not be fucked with.

Good work in the gym, but damn…if anyone needs to smile every once in a while, that would be YOU.

…and that’s coming from me and I get told that on a daily basis.

I think those who are strong, and I mean stronger than your average putz walking down the street, have big hands. I have seen my hands get bigger as I got stronger, now I have some meat hooks goin’ on.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Da Vinci wrote:
Resistance training DOES increase bone density, this has actually been proven and is not just a theory.

Dude, if that’s you in that avatar, you could pass for a contract killer, a gang member, or simply some guy who should not be fucked with.

Good work in the gym, but damn…if anyone needs to smile every once in a while, that would be YOU.

…and that’s coming from me and I get told that on a daily basis.

[/quote]

Haha, yes that is me thanks and fuck smiling, it’s over-rated.

It’s called wolfs law

Blaming GH for their big hands is ridiculous. I have big hands too. They seem even bigger now after lifting heavily for years but I still only wear a “large” sized glove in the clinic.
[/quote]

Agreed that hands will get meatier from heavy lifting, but are you saying that GH doesn’t have any effect on hand size, or just that although GH might affect hand size, a big f’in dudes gonna have a big f’in hand?

Just trying to clarify. No clue as to the the extent of GH pros take, but I know it can have the acromegaly side effects.

As a side note, the biggest hand I ever shook has got to be Hulk Hogan. Dude had some serious banana fingers.

Da Vinci, your avatar reminds me of Mac’s dad from It’s Always Sunny. Hah that’s awesome… and scary

Skinless wrote:
MytchBucanan wrote:
I have met Vic because he works out at my gym. His hands and wrists are big, but probably no more than 9 inches (which is huge!).

When I met Ronnie and Jay their hands were fucking HUGE!.

The only thing of my hand I could see was my thumb.

I have read somewhere that people who use alot of HGH have really thick fingers and if taken at an early age can cause the eyebrow ridges to grow huge (the bones under your eye brows I have no idea what they are called).

I honestly cant remember where I read that but it was pretty interesting.

Blaming GH for their big hands is ridiculous. I have big hands too. They seem even bigger now after lifting heavily for years but I still only wear a “large” sized glove in the clinic.

I would grant more to the possibility of them having larger muscles in their hand than the average person which would give them a more “meaty” look and make them thicker.

I have a friend who is a serious bodybuilder who weighs about 340lbs right now at 6’2" (yes, that fucking huge) and his hands are like catcher’s gloves…no joke. He could literally play baseball with no gloves and I am sure the ball would suffer the greatest damage. But he’s always had big hands, even when I first met him years ago when he was significantly smaller. The genes that allow someone to be able to lift the weight to get that damn huge would likely allow that person to have the appendages to meet the job as well.

You aren’t exactly average if you can push past 300lbs in the off season especially if you are under 6’3".[/quote]

Yeah I need to think a tad bit more before I post.

It sounded like I was blaming their huge hands on HGH. What I should have added in there was that I read that atricle (obviously a bullshit article) a while before I met them. Thats all I could think about when I saw how huge their hands were…was that article.

I cant convey what I am trying to say here haha.

Its like when you see someone at the pool who is fit (with abs and whatnot) and their belly sticks out. The first thing I think of HGH belly bloat. I am not saying they take it. It just reminds me of it.

I dont know where im going with this.

Is there any information about increasing the volume of bone (size)? Since density is mass/volume, increasing bone density mainly is just adding bone mass.

[quote]Fezzik wrote:
Da Vinci, your avatar reminds me of Mac’s dad from It’s Always Sunny. Hah that’s awesome… and scary[/quote]

Is that a movie? I’ve never seen/heard of it.

I grew up in a rural area, and the farmers I knew always had really thick hands. Even if these guys were not that big, shaking their hands always seemed like a risky proposition. :slight_smile:

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
Fezzik wrote:
Da Vinci, your avatar reminds me of Mac’s dad from It’s Always Sunny. Hah that’s awesome… and scary

Is that a movie? I’ve never seen/heard of it.[/quote]

No it’s a tv show. It’s really funny, but it might be a college aged humor type of show.