T Nation

Increase Activity Without Annihilating Body?

I’m trying to cut, so I’ve been lifting pretty hard. I got to the point where I was doing it every day, but I know that’s not healthy for either muscle growth or my joints. I have a pretty strict diet, but my weightloss has stopped, so I want to increase my activity. What can I do on my days off to keep my metabolism revved up? Right now I’m lifting 3 days a week with HIIT after…

What does a “pretty strict” diet look like for you?

Strict diet means no carbs except vegetables and my morning Proatmeal. Caloric deficit of 500 - 750. Lean proteins and healthy fats. The works. As for that walking article - sounds interesting… Anything else like it, but with more… calorie burning or EPOC inducing? lol

Try walking for an hour with an incline between 3-5 at a 4.0mph pace on the treadmill. It is plenty calorie burning.

Especially if you’re not eating any carbs. You will feel like you’re starving if you’re on a steady deficit of 500-750 while simultaneously walking at the above 3-4 times aday.

[quote]valkairon wrote:
Strict diet means no carbs except vegetables and my morning Proatmeal. Caloric deficit of 500 - 750. Lean proteins and healthy fats. The works. As for that walking article - sounds interesting… Anything else like it, but with more… calorie burning or EPOC inducing? lol[/quote]
just give it a try, its very effective

[quote]valkairon wrote:
Strict diet means no carbs except vegetables and my morning Proatmeal. Caloric deficit of 500 - 750. Lean proteins and healthy fats. The works. As for that walking article - sounds interesting… Anything else like it, but with more… calorie burning or EPOC inducing? lol[/quote]

You’re not in a caloric deficit anymore, otherwise you’re weight loss wouldn’t have stalled.

Can you be more specific? Macros? grams of protein, fat, carbs daily?

Go off the diet for a bit, the go back on.