Incorporating G-Flux

Hi guys, I’m just wondering just how many of you guys out there are having a sedentary lifestyle, but are trying to incorporate the principles of G-Flux to get the dream body u want? Also, how do you guys manage do it should your working hours is around 10 hours a day?

Plan ahead, prepare food beforehand, bring prepared food to work, get up at 5am, cut social life down to an absolute minimum

I kind of do similar g-flux stuff. I also work long hours. I get up early, do stuff at lunch and after work. In the evening I prepare everything for the next day. It is really not that difficult.

eh, don’t know what G-Flux is, I could search it but i’m not going to.

When I was in the service I got in a wee bit of trouble, and I only had an hour and a half to myself every day, to do laundry or whatever. I used it to go to the gym, I was working 14+ hour days, so the time excuse doesn’t ever really fly with me. If you want to work out bad enough, you’ll get up that extra hour early or stay up that extra hour.

Food is really a big problem for me, since I’m serving in an army as technician. Basically, we don’t do much physical activities, except learning lessons. Furthermore, I’m supposed to stay in camp, and the foods provided are full of simple carbs and low on protein. A nightmare start huh. So how would you guys remedy this situation? Honestly, I can’t think of much that i could do. I can go home once a week though.

well refusing to try and think of options is a poor excuse. Don’t they drill into you to “display adaptability” or something similar? You can’t always control the circumstances you wage a battle in, and analogously you can’t always control the circumstances you find yourself in in daily life. The one thing you can do is to adapt and excel.

For instance–you get whey protein supplements to get your daily protein allotment in. Order it from online, or a store nearby if you’re Stateside. Optimum Nutrition makes big 10 lb bags of whey protein. Biotest makes 5 lb bags of whey, and some great micellar casein protein supps. Buy some fruits and veggies in your time/day off shift.

If you can’t get off base or if you’re in the sandbox out there, then try and see if you can get extra servings of veggies at the mess. I don’t know how it works per se, but I imagine they have to give you at least a couple options for fruits and veggie servings. Also, you can buy Biotests Superfood for fruit/veggie servings.

You can buy mixed nuts, pecans, walnuts, dried fruit (sugar-free) online or at grocery stores, depending on where you’re stationed at and cut down on the starchy crap carbs by replacing them with mixed nuts, dried fruit, olive oil in your protein shakes, heck I even think I saw vegetable chips online at a store I was looking for dried fruit in.

Protein sources include–beef jerky, protein supplements, milk, etc.

Bottom line is you need to keep thinking instead of giving up. It gets rough but its doable if you want it bad enough. do it consistently for long enough (a couple years) and it becomes second nature.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
well refusing to try and think of options is a poor excuse. Don’t they drill into you to “display adaptability” or something similar? You can’t always control the circumstances you wage a battle in, and analogously you can’t always control the circumstances you find yourself in in daily life. The one thing you can do is to adapt and excel.

For instance–you get whey protein supplements to get your daily protein allotment in. Order it from online, or a store nearby if you’re Stateside. Optimum Nutrition makes big 10 lb bags of whey protein. Biotest makes 5 lb bags of whey, and some great micellar casein protein supps. Buy some fruits and veggies in your time/day off shift.

If you can’t get off base or if you’re in the sandbox out there, then try and see if you can get extra servings of veggies at the mess. I don’t know how it works per se, but I imagine they have to give you at least a couple options for fruits and veggie servings. Also, you can buy Biotests Superfood for fruit/veggie servings.

You can buy mixed nuts, pecans, walnuts, dried fruit (sugar-free) online or at grocery stores, depending on where you’re stationed at and cut down on the starchy crap carbs by replacing them with mixed nuts, dried fruit, olive oil in your protein shakes, heck I even think I saw vegetable chips online at a store I was looking for dried fruit in.

Protein sources include–beef jerky, protein supplements, milk, etc.

Bottom line is you need to keep thinking instead of giving up. It gets rough but its doable if you want it bad enough. do it consistently for long enough (a couple years) and it becomes second nature.[/quote]

That’s invaluable comments, to me at least. I’m not gonna give up. I definitely think the idea of bringing whey and caesin into the camp is great, except some financial difficulties at times. Thanks a ton guys.

I know it’s easy for me to say g-flux is simple, I’m an athlete… I train for sport.

But getting your 5+ hours of exercise is simple. Train every day for an hour monday-friday. Find two days to do cardio/HIIT. You should at least hit six and a half from all that. During weekends, find any kind of labor to do that is fairly simple. Try to take one day off a week.

The rest is pretty much listening to your body. Take time off when you need it. Don’t worry too much, with a high g-flux, you’re not going to be worrying about carbs or anything, you’re just going to be hungry and want food!

-6 days a week, am PT (push ups, sit ups, a bunch of prehab movements with bands, and whatever other lightweight shit i feel like doing in my bedroom)

-4 days a week, running/sprinting

-2 days a week, complexes (bent row to hang clean to front squat push press to rdl)

-2 days a week Max effort followed by accessory work

-2 days a week Dynamic effort or Repetition Effort followed by accessories or olympic lifts

PT happens in the mornings when I wake up, lifting happens when i get home, running happens later at night.

So I’m up to 16 sessions a week, so probably like 8 hours.

Lots of showers

[quote]Petrichor wrote:
Plan ahead, prepare food beforehand, bring prepared food to work, get up at 5am, cut social life down to an absolute minimum[/quote]

This works especially well for people who are loners because you always have an excuse to not go out.

[quote]superthrustjon wrote:
eh, don’t know what G-Flux is, I could search it but i’m not going to.

When I was in the service I got in a wee bit of trouble, and I only had an hour and a half to myself every day, to do laundry or whatever. I used it to go to the gym, I was working 14+ hour days, so the time excuse doesn’t ever really fly with me. If you want to work out bad enough, you’ll get up that extra hour early or stay up that extra hour.[/quote]

Part of the concept is that you train 2-3 times a day. If you didn’t know, you shouldn’t have commented.