Inconsistent Schedule

With my work schedule i can’t always guarantee i can make my training days. Is it alright to bump days ahead a week or should i stick to a more linear 5x5 type plan? I usually train Saturday and Sunday when i come home, but will be working straight thru sometimes.

[quote]HUNTER13 wrote:
With my work schedule i can’t always guarantee i can make my training days. Is it alright to bump days ahead a week or should i stick to a more linear 5x5 type plan? I usually train Saturday and Sunday when i come home, but will be working straight thru sometimes.[/quote]

Either use an A/B training schedule or simply read the article I wrote on this website about training around a busy schedule.

I personally like DL/Press- Squat/Bench split. Other movement as FSL work. Can be easily done 2-4 times/week.

Thanks Jim. Don’t know how I over looked that. Is it possible to put on some muscle with the two day plan?

Hey Jim and guys. My buddy and wife say if I gained a little more size/mass I’d be a beast. So for shits and giggles i decided to accept the suggestion/challenge. She says 10 lbs, he says 20 lbs. Is the two day program suitable? Any little tips and tricks? Do the program exactly as is or …?

[quote]HUNTER13 wrote:
Hey Jim and guys. My buddy and wife say if I gained a little more size/mass I’d be a beast. So for shits and giggles i decided to accept the suggestion/challenge. She says 10 lbs, he says 20 lbs. Is the two day program suitable? Any little tips and tricks? Do the program exactly as is or …? [/quote]

Why don’t you do what you want to do, not what your friend and wife think would be “cool”.

Do the program “as is” - people fuck with the program too much and then end up on their knees. 6 months of occasional training and 2 weeks of being in freshmen football (after 2/days) doesn’t qualify one to making quality decisions about their training.