Incline Bench From - Same as Flat?

Is it the same as flat bench form- tucked arms/scapulae, arched back, stay tight? bringing the bar low would seem weird though.

[quote]kickureface wrote:
Is it the same as flat bench form- tucked arms/scapulae, arched back, stay tight? bringing the bar low would seem weird though.[/quote]

it’s all about what your goals are. if you are trying to put up the most weight on the incline, then yes, you want to do all the same things that will get you a big bench on flat. obviously you wouldn’t be able to bring the bar as low on an incline but you would want to bring it as low as is possible for the position you are in.

i find in training that i like to vary my setup. you will get stronger by not putting yourself in the most advantageous way to put up the most weight at times- for example, when you do a floor press, you lay flat on the floor with legs out straight. this takes away all the leg drive and increases the range of motion making the movement much harder. you can use the same idea for benching or incline benching. I like to bench flat on the bench and even put my legs up at times to put myself in the most difficult position. I still tuck the elbows to protect the shoulders but find that all bench variaions can in the long run increase your bench.