In Trouble with my TRT, Need Help/New Labs

It is anecdotal, at the least, that Zinc supports Testosterone production. As a mineral, it supports most biological functions in the human body. Zinc is a big player in sexual function as well. There are some interesting health articles I’ve about how ejaculation temporarily lowers Zinc in men…I can’t comment on it’s validity but I’ve read it several times.

I think physioLojik mentioned Zinc and lemon water as a natural Estrogen reducer but their respective methods of doing so weren’t explained. I’ll see if I can find some articles on Zincs role on Estrogen.

And yes, ZMA is widely touted as being beneficial in the gym. I for one believe there is truth to this.

My biggest issue with ZMA supplements is the B6. I get hunger craving and can’t stop eating.
I prefer 800mg Mag and 15mg zinc in seperate pills.

Dr. Saya will not prescribe AI unless you are obese at the starting of TRT and estrogen is already higher which you are expected to have high estrogen.

1 Like

That’s interesting about the cravings. I take it right before bed along with Ezekiel bread toast and 2 tablespoons almond butter and then crash

I keep reading this here. Are there any studies about this? Is it even a significant decrease as long as zinc is not taken in crazy high amounts?

Before I could get a real scrip for anastrozole I tried everything including 30mg zinc to reduce my E2 It migh have dropped my E2 by a point or it could have been lab error. Anyway I never had any luck with any of it. I was eating broccoli brussel sprouts every night. Nothing.

Some believe hCG helps with fat loss, hence the hCG diet, which has little, or nothing, to do with hCG and everything to do with the 500cal per day recommended. Some may feel bad with it due to excess E2, however I believe them to be outliers rather than the norm.

I would go to 150mg, at least.

An hCG diet? Damn, that’s wild!
If I have difficulty obtaining optimal levels of Estrogen do you think it might be beneficial for that purpose?
Are you familiar with what hCG’s method of action is regarding the promotion of Estrogen? Is it because of hCG supports in helping the Testes produce Testosterone which is converted by Aromatase into Estrogens or does it promote Estrogen in a tertiary manner?

I’m going to attempt this on my reboot of Testosterone Cypionate if/when I hear back from Royal and enroll in their program. Their Testosterone cap is 200mgs/weekly so I should be good.

I’ve always taken Zinc as part of a training regimen but when I feared my Estrogen was high, I jumped on the cabbage, brussel sprout, lemon water train…I’ll always wonder if it had an effect. I imagine body fat and genetics govern Estrogen more than supplements but I’d like to see clinical evidence.

Me To. My blood tests, and I have a ton of them, say they don’t do crap.
I like zinc because in increases my cum load volume and for nothing else.
I take mag and lots of it because my muscles cramp from the high T all the time without it and do to eating so much protein I can’t take decent crap without it. . Magnesium citrate for cramps Magnesium oxide for smoother craps.

1 Like

That’s awesome :rofl: …so that’s why I’ve been dumping loads of plaster on my GF!

I have been pouring through an American Medical Journal 100+ page article about Zinc in the human body on the website Physiology.org.
So far there’s is only a couple paragraphs on it’s effect pertaining to Estrogen and Testosterone but the whole article is written in biochemist shorthand and I’m not fluent in that language.
Maybe it’ll help me understand more relevant information referring to male sex hormones if I can find a PubMed article on that subject.

Zinc’s behavior in the human body is extremely complicated. Zinc definitely affects T and E significantly but mostly through indirect complex biological processes I’m not familiar with.

So…
A group of biochemists who sleep with their lab coats on as pajamas got together and told a bunch of physicians that Zinc affects T and E, then the physicians told a newspaper conglomerate the same thing, then someone from a health and fitness magazine read the information and published it again…now it’s on the internet…

And that’s my conclusion right now

Google “hCG diet” and “hCG diet drops”.

It might. The Leydig cells are capable of aromatizing testosterone into estradiol. In the Leydig cells, hCG stimulates aromatization through increasing the activity of aromatase.

That should cover you, almost everyone uses between 150-200mg, though I am surprised they have a “cap”. There are some, probably 1-2%, that need more than 200mg to get their levels up.

1 Like

Most of us that have been doing this awhile settle on 80-120mg/wk. Only the newbies and micro cycliers think they need 200mg/wk. In the end the bad side effects of 200/wk will jack them up enough they either have to stop all together or live like the rest of us and run a normal dose for the year.

1 Like

I agree completely

I believe that is true for most of us here, on this forum. That is not even close to the rest of the world, and in my experience it’s quite different. The TRT doctors I know usually put guys on 140-200mg, in fact, standard protocol for most is 200mg 1/wk, 2mg anastrozole per week, split, and 250-300IU hCG 3x/wk. The underground guys almost all take 200mg, I’d say 90% of them. Some take 250-300.

I think trying to define a normal dose is like being defined as normal if your total testosterone is between 250-1100ng/dL.

I’m not posting to convince you on my postions.
You have your believes and I have mine lets just agree we disagree.

No problem, but I am not disagreeing with you. I think you are correct in your assessment if you are basing it on what you read here. I am just pointing out my experience.

I am basing my opinion on literally hundreds of guys I actually know who are doing what I stated and doing fine. Of course, that assumes they are telling me the truth.

If you also have access to a lot of gyms, and know a few hundred guys doing 80-120mg and doing fine, then I believe you.

We’re all products of our own experiences.

Wow, diet by hCG doesn’t seem like it would be a good idea at all…especially if a person isn’t on an HRT program. Who came up with this? It seems like someone took a glance at some of hCG’s properties and decided it…might…be of benefit? I’m kind of astonished people are doing this without needing HRT.

Makes good sense. Found a lot of clinical data that supports this.

I have a feeling they have put themselves under a regulatory agency’s microscope in the past and they have become more weary.

Why don’t you tell them you don’t want an ai in your cypionate and you’ll take pills just in case.

Hey email me and I’ll put you in touch with my doc that is very cheap and easy to work with. Should solve that problem at least. I’ll put my email address on my profile.

1 Like