T Nation

In Tight Need of Advice

Did you see what I did there? ah? nevermind.

Hey guys, Danny1506 here. I've been a lurker for years, reading every article for the last year - year and a half or so, and I've made tremendous progress from when I started.

Anyway, my problem (or rather a chain of problems) is, that my body is not in symmetri. I've been foam rolling for the last 2 months, 2-4 times each weak, on the areas I feel is tight, while I've been activating/strenghtening the long/weak ones, but no matter what I do, I can't seem to do a damn squat right. But, you can't give me �¼ber-T-Nation-forum-member, obviously, if you don't know how deformed my body is, so;

Lets take it from the beginning (wall of text incomming) If you don't feel like reading my life story, scroll abit down for my problem.

I'm 19 years old, from Denmark, work as an automation technician apprentice, and I've been working out for the last 2 years. Back when I started, it wasn't, not even close to, as serious as it is now. Back then it was all arms and chest, baby! But fortunately I discored sites as T NATION, and great coaches as Tib, Eric Cressey, Chad, Clay Hyght (big fan!) and that asian guy (JK Nate Miyaki, I love your articles! They have had a groundbreaking effect on my physigue) - the list goes on.

Anyhow, I started doing more and more leg oriented workouts, which is awesome, but unfortunately, I was living in my own fantasy, in which I was doing everything right - Bam, knee and spinal injury. I'm still living with these today, but after the tremendous amounts of rehab articles I've read, and implemented in my lifestyle, they are feeling MUCH better; I can do hill sprints without problems, and deadlift.
But, if I do anything incorrect, my spine will let me know, not by pain per se, but by being really sore, and my knees "click" when my legs go from fully extended, to partly extended.

Yea, I visited a doctor, and he gave me the helpful advice: (Do this for your back, they're awesome!) while doing som kind of cable pulldown variation, yea thanks doc.

Anywho, back to my symmetri (or lack of thereof)

Starting from the bottom, my ankles appear to be fine, but when we reach my hips, things start getting worse. My right leg hip is significant more tight then my left, especially the front and outer tendonds are tight. The right is so tight, that I can't even activate my glute properly when walking. The result of this is that I can't use both my legs equally as much in any bilateral movements, without the left taking over 60-70% of the load!
I work on glute activation, aswell as rolling the fuck out of my hips, but nothing seem to help. My suspicion is that my knee might have a role in this, as it is abit worse, even today, then my left.

Onwards! My glutes seem to be firing better, but they are not strong, and thats something I'm working on. My abs is kinda the same story as my legs: The left ab group seem to take over the work from the right. Today I woke up with a more sore left side of abs, then right, after doing planks and leg raises.

Next stop is my pecs, in which the right seem alot more tighter then the left. I can touch my scapula with my left arm, from the back, but not even get close with my right arm. I am working on rolling my t-spine, and pecs, but they still seem short and tight. Shoulder is same story.

I've really desperate for help, as I can't go on like this - I want to fucking squat and deadlift! So please, if you have any idea, advice or whatever, please post in here!

If you made it this far, I just want to say thank you, I know it wasn't easy!

Peace out