In The Groove

The past six weeks, I’ve been “in the groove.”

My workouts have dropped from 1.5 hours to 35-45 minutes. I feel completely exhausted yet invigorated each workout. I’m about to grow out of my XXL shirts and my 40" waist pants don’t fit my ass or thighs anymore. My mood and clarity of thought with respects to training are riding high. My focus is pinpoint.

I’ve never felt anything like this before.

Anyone else out there going through this or want to share their experiences?

[quote]kroby wrote:

My workouts have dropped from 1.5 hours to 35-45 minutes. I feel completely exhausted yet invigorated each workout. I’m about to grow out of my XXL shirts and my 40" waist pants don’t fit my ass or thighs anymore. My mood and clarity of thought with respects to training are riding high. My focus is pinpoint.

Anyone else out there going through this or want to share their experiences?[/quote]

No, my ankle is swollen and my shoulder aches and my knee feels like it has a pin in it.

But, I’m happy for you. :wink:

[quote]kroby wrote:

Anyone else out there going through this or want to share their experiences?[/quote]

Been there before, though when I start groovin’ I go the other way. Workouts get up to 3 hrs when I feel like the energizer bunny. Not that that’s my end goal mind you.

Anyway, get on your horse and make the most of these times. They don’t last forever and sometimes flip flop you straight into depression and stagnation. It’s a yin-yang thing.

Make sure you log everything you’ve been doing. It could be a) you’re just going through a good cycle or b) you really found what works for your body. Of course, things change, so what works this year might not work next year; but it’s good to have the data to look back on.

I have always felt better when using shorter, more-frequent workouts. Due to various scheduling issues, I’ve been doing two total-body workouts (lasting 1-1.5 hours) a week. They have been less-than-ideal workouts.

I’ve used a logbook for about a year and a half now. Not that what I did last month matters. Just so I can push myself to do more the next time.

These past two weeks have been recovery weeks and the two previous weeks had been two workouts a day. I start two-a-days for the next two weeks tomorrow. They’ll be killer, and I’ll bitch, but I expect them to be awesome.

I’ll follow that with more recovery and that’ll be the end of my second ever bulk.

Next: >18" arms.

Im currently in the groove as well.

You are right it feels great.Im training 5 days a week which for me is a miricle with kids.

ive put on 5 kgs in the past 2 months and my workouts are going well.

Back on the creatine so that explains my weight gain.

U know when u have put on some good size when go for a walk at the mall and people stare at your shoulders then smile.
Or a little kid walks past u and goes FUUUCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Nice man. Always good to feel that way. Keep it going for as long as you can!

Ride the wave Kroby! Sometimes you hit points where it just starts to come together. Set some PR’s.

Have fun with it.