In The Defense of Indifference

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
The interview went exceptionally well. I really think I would like this job.[/quote]

Seems as if I’ve seen this somewhere before…
[/quote]
Nah, there’s no way. It’s not like I posted this on Facebook or anything. Don’t be silly.

Strict press video tomorrow morning.

I have a little more in me. Higher numbers are near.

Nice dude!

How come I can’t do that >:(

Thanks guys.

On another note, seeing more shoulder separation (a little more in my thighs) and more vascularity in my upper arms and forearms lately.

Didn’t start from your chest, doesn’t count.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:
Didn’t start from your chest, doesn’t count. [/quote]
I can’t start from my chest.

I haven’t lifted since last Wednesday. I also haven’t slept in over 24 hours. I feel great though.

I went in and did some deadlifts today. No warmup, no belt, no straps. Pulled 500 and 565. Had some more in me. This may have been the best that my pull has ever felt. No video this time. Next time there will be. 600+ is close and I barely did anything.

I also resigned the internship yesterday morning for reasons that I’ll elaborate on further if anyone cares (or if I care). It’s no big deal. The work was unpleasant and didn’t line up well with what was discussed and business was shady. It’s not like I was getting paid for it either. It was the lowest priority thing I had going on, and I have much better opportunities right in front of me.

I’d rather give those my attention. I’ve received confirmation that the professor that I had my interview with wants to take me on for the research position. We’re just waiting for the administrator of the department to initiate the paperwork. I really want to start soon.

What kind of research are you gonna be doing? It’s pretty cool-we’re both the same age, and pursuing the same degree. Although that’s where similarities end lol.

[quote]Ravenous_ wrote:
What kind of research are you gonna be doing? It’s pretty cool-we’re both the same age, and pursuing the same degree. Although that’s where similarities end lol.[/quote]
I’ll be making thermocouple sensors for water use research in trees to sum it up. There’s more to it than that, but I don’t have anything for reference at the moment.

What are your plans after undergrad?

Gotta be honest, that doesn’t sound very interesting at first glance lol, although that’s probably just due to the vague description. I hope you enjoy it more than the internship.

I’m gunning for an M. Eng after. Then 4 years of work so I can get my P.Eng. Yourself?

Edit-Are you still studying this year? Or are you doing kind of a work term thing?

[quote]Ravenous_ wrote:
Gotta be honest, that doesn’t sound very interesting at first glance lol. I hope you enjoy it more than the internship.

I’m gunning for an M. Eng after. Then 4 years of work so I can get my P.Eng. Yourself?[/quote]
It’s more electronics oriented than the ecological field would suggest. It’s basically biological applications of electronics. I’ll finally have a job that I actually hold some interest in.

Freelance consultation in the aerospace, defense, and energy fields. My current projection is two Masters of relevant title and a PhD in astrophysics (just for me personally though I could apply it as I choose). I’d like to be top 10% in the world. Big talk, I know.

I’m taking 18 credit hours.

Nice man, that’s a long road. What kind of classes are you taking? Which ones do you enjoy? I love talking to mech engineers from different schools.

[quote]Ravenous_ wrote:
Nice man, that’s a long road. What kind of classes are you taking? Which ones do you enjoy? I love talking to mech engineers from different schools.[/quote]
I’m still pretty early into it because I changed my major not too long ago. I have only taken a graphics course and a manufacturing course and am currently taking a MATLAB course as far as major courses are concerned. Of course there are the math, science, and core classes. I’ve yet to encounter anything fundamentally challenging. I like any analytical and creative work where I’m mingling with the source material (i.e. not having to read, etc.). I enjoy it all from the most abstract to the most grounded of principles. I’m minoring in physics, so I will be taking more physics courses than a regular engineering major. I like everything in concept. I could do well in any major (except maybe art in the manual sense [uncertain of affinity]).

Sweet.

Hey beast, what you doing?!

[quote]strongmanvinny wrote:
Hey beast, what you doing?![/quote]
Did some HvZ stuff today with my friends.

Doing various forms of pressing tomorrow.