in support of the usa bashers

like rats running from a sinking ship, the people are leaving this rotten country.

NEW YORK - He’s
an all-American
movie star, but
Tom Cruise said
his children will be making All
the Right Moves - by moving out
of America.

“I think the U.S. is terrifying and it
saddens me,” he told the British
paper the Daily Express. “You only
have to look at the state of affairs in
America.”

At the Minority Report premiere
Cruise, who is known for his role in
the Mission Impossible flicks as a
slick superagent for Truth, Justice
and the American way, said his
adopted children Isabella, 9, and
Connor, 7, will grow up outside the
United States. They will probably be
raised in Australia, his ex-wife
Nicole Kidman’s homeland.

Cruise, whose character became
          similarly disillusioned with America
          in Born on the Fourth of July, said
          raising children in the U.S. is a risky
          business. He said he could no longer
          keep his 'eyes wide shut' to
          America's terrorism threat, crime,
          faltering financial status and
          corporate corruption.

"I do worry about my children. As a
          parent you are always concerned," he
          told the paper. "I just want them to
          be in a place where they are going to
          be strong enough to make the right
          choices. Unfortunately, we're in a
          position where people are so
          irresponsible that human life holds
          such little value to them."

Oh no, a spoiled, rich Hollywood actor doesn’t like the country that provides him with his cushy lifestyle that 99.99% of us will never experience. If you truly believe that people are actually leaving this country, I have a few pieces of real estate I’d like to talk to you about buying.

The safest place for an American is America.

What do you mean this “rotten country”? Threat of terrorism? Living here in Wisconsin I may be more sheltered than if I was on the coasts; however, even after the WTC and Pentagon attacks, I believe the USA is reasonably safe from terrorism. You want terrorism, try living with the Palestinians or Israelis.

It angers me when Hollywood types such as Cruise bash the country that allowed them to use their talent to become fabulously rich. Also, Cruise’s concern for his children strikes me as a little odd. Where was this concern when he was cheating on their mother?

Movie stars have never been known for their intelligence.

Yeah, that’s some real character there. While he’s leaving, maybe he can get a seat next to Richard Gere. Any one else want to go? Fine by me.

Although it is true that parts of America may make raising kids more challenging, as a Canadian I know that there are more people trying to get into the United States than there are trying to leave it. Unfortunately, they use Canada as a convenient stepping stone in their endeavours.

Jurgen, you are a dink. An ill-informed dink at that. Ever happen to notice how many people DIE trying to get into this country? Ever hear of Cuba or Mexico? Why don’t you ask those immigrants about how “rotten” the United States is? What nationality are you? I assume it’s Germany. Have the guts to truthfully say where you are from and we will have ourselves a little comparison.
By the way, it’s too bad about Cruise. I guess I won’t be seeing any more of his movies. Oh, wait, I haven’t seen any of his movies in years. I guess it is no loss.

First of all, Cruise (and any other celebrity similar in status), obviously has the money and status so that any country he eventually moves to will probably not tax him as much as say, a working person with much less status/money/power. The US is good for reasons of tax laws and regulations.

One of my favorite artists, Robert Crumb moved to France. I remember in the documentary about Crumb, how he had traded one of his sketchbooks for a nice, little cottage in France. *sigh* If I could do that - I would in a heartbeat.

We’ve never had to build fences to keep people here let them leave!!

Yeah, this country has its problems. And with politics, we can argue until the world comes to an end. But compared to other countries, I think it’s the best place to live, work, start a family, get an education, and know what’s happening in the world. Not everyone in the world is lucky enough to be where we are, and prosper the way we do.

And from someone that just starred in Minority Report, he sure doesn’t seem to have understood the movie very well. Yeah, move to Oz, where they’re setting new records on how quickly your rights can be curtailed.

Hey way to go Tom Cruise!! I love that he is setting a good example for all of the whiny people that want to complain about problems and not lift a finger to do anything to fix it. I am glad that he is setting a prcedent for people that don’t like America, he is leaving! Please, everyone that hates or even dislikes America, follow Tom’s example, LEAVE!!! Do not hesitate! Just go! Move out! Come on now, hurry up and get the FUCK OUT!!!

I guess I’ll take the unpopular position on this one. I happen to be in the middle of a one-month Summer Camp supervisory position for an International School here in Japan. As the name implies, there are kids from all over - Japan and the US being predominant, but with German kids, African kids, other Asians and so on. About 25 children, ranging from 5-13 years old, at any one time.

Hate to say it, but this has really opened my eyes. The American kids are by far the worst-behaved of the bunch. When it’s time to clean up, they always say “I didn’t make the mess!”, whereas the other kids generally just pitch in and clean it up, whether they made it or not. They have more “accidents” resulting from rough play together than the others. You have to tell them (the boys anyway) four or five times to get them to listen to you, but with the other kids it generally only takes once - even if English isn’t their first language.

America is obviously the most powerful country on Earth, and - detractors aside - I think it’s probably the most moral. Yes, we’ve had a lot of problems, but I don’t envision any other nation doing as good a job overall of “world leadership” or being the “world’s policeman” as we have.

So I’m never giving up my citizenship. But for raising a family? No, I agree with Cruise. Almost any other first-world country (among which both Japan and Australia are numbered) would be better for kids. Then take them back to the States for their college education.

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on
Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans.
However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the
“politically correct” crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants.
However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served. Only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.
We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! “In God We Trust” is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and his is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the
walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don’t like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don’t care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so.
But, once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

America right or wrong, with all her shortcomings, challenges and problems is still the greatest country. As the son of an immigrant, I for one i’m proud to be an AMERICAN.

Nuranis you dumbass our national identity is multiculturalism. And I don’t see how you can dilute multiculturalism since by its very nature its not homogeneous. And in case, if you haven’t noticed….many people who were born in this country speak other languages and practice the customs of the countries their parents migrated from…Does this mean that they are not “Real Americans”? American culture is a constantly changing one. If it wasn’t we’d still have slavery, women stuck in the home pregnant and we wouldn’t be able to drink. Why don’t you expand your horizons a bit? Befriend someone different from you, learn another language …something …anything!!

Frankly it should be quite obvious that multi-culturalism has hurt America. Not in a freedom of relegion sense no. Not at all. However it has in other ways. Example: Palestinian supporters (the one cheering for terrorism anyhow). Despite living in America they cheer for a country on the other side of the globe. Does this sound American? If you have American citizenship it’s only sensable for one’s sympathies to gravitate toward America. And frankly I agree about learning english. Instead of catering to every country it would more practical to have immigrants learn the language (That’s what they used to do when moving here) instead of every American having to learn 2-10 different languages. That is simply unrealistic. I work at a job where I meet hundreds of people every day and it is exeedingly frustrating when you cannot comunicate with a customer due to a language barrier. And obviously I despise political correctness. I can think of practically nothing more biased and frankly, tiresome.

To Char-dawg. I do agree with you on the beahvior of kids. This is due most likely to prosperity I would imagine. The more prosperous a nation is the more spoiled it becomes. ONe of the largest problems with kids stims from lack of discipline as it seems this is sorely lacking these days (didn’t used to) in this country. Also in schools all they teach to these kids in this country is SELF SELF SELF. We need much less of this if you ask me.

Thanks to char for hitting the nail on the head. My sister has lived in Kuwait since 1988. Yes, she is in the middle-east. Albeit, Kuwait is more “westernized” than most others. She won’t move back to the states. No reason to. Her four kids will receive a excellent education. And while you would think that the US is more tolerant to immigrants, foreign nationals, etc. (even though it’s hard to see that in this forum) - Kuwaiti’s have generally welcomed my sister. She is married to a Kuwaitee (so, her kids are a mix of Chinese, Irish, German and Kuwaiti) - and while I would really love to see my sister more often, feel she’s doing the right thing.

If I had the money of Cruise, Tina Turner (who lives in France), et al and/or could trade a sketchbook for a house in some other country - again, I would do so in a heartbeat. Cruise's kids are going to receive the best education for children: interaction with people from other cultures. You better believe I'm burning with envy.

Me too