In Range But Low

Good Day Experts,

I was hoping for some input into my situation. I started getting myself checked out for possible infertility, and just got a call from my general practice doc. He sent me to get some T blood work along with referring me to a Urologist.

I just got off the phone with him and he told me my TT was 375 (in the 250-1100 range) and my free T was 50.6 (in the 35-155 range).

He also mentioned my FSH was high.

I am 27, 6’2’', 220, very active (BJJ, BBALL, Lifting), but often very fatigued, and Libido is average in my opinion for what that’s worth.

I’m just looking for some thoughts on whether I should take this further and press the topic with my docs. Clearly I am in range but low, especially for my age.

Thanks.

[quote]Smashing_Machine wrote:
Good Day Experts,

I was hoping for some input into my situation. I started getting myself checked out for possible infertility, and just got a call from my general practice doc. He sent me to get some T blood work along with referring me to a Urologist.

I just got off the phone with him and he told me my TT was 375 (in the 250-1100 range) and my free T was 50.6 (in the 35-155 range).

He also mentioned my FSH was high.

I am 27, 6’2’', 220, very active (BJJ, BBALL, Lifting), but often very fatigued, and Libido is average in my opinion for what that’s worth.

I’m just looking for some thoughts on whether I should take this further and press the topic with my docs. Clearly I am in range but low, especially for my age.

Thanks.[/quote]

GEtting a shitty night sleep can cause T levels to drop 60% or more. The point being is find out why your levels are low. Living in NYC which is a city that never sleeps , one past lifestyles may be finally catching up with them. Pedal is down for many years, but your breaking system is screeching or completely blown. Getting proper labs is good start as well as checking into thyroid,adrenals.

Many cases I have dealt with from NYC are loaded with Xylene which is a Xeno estrogen which can can jam up HPTA. So get blood testing done as stickies suggest here but need to look at underlying cause of why your testosterone is low. Testosterone is rarely a direct cause but rather a symptoms of a cause. Treating TRT is great, but if you never take care of the main issue how it got low then you are just masking sometthing else potential more dangerous.

Thanks, for clarification I live in Western New York. I think the Location is just the state.

I did have the previous blood work done and my Dr said my thyroid was fine. I am currently in the process of getting semen analysis done, and will probably request copies of all my blood work after that to start building a better picture.

[quote]Smashing_Machine wrote:
Thanks, for clarification I live in Western New York. I think the Location is just the state.

I did have the previous blood work done and my Dr said my thyroid was fine. I am currently in the process of getting semen analysis done, and will probably request copies of all my blood work after that to start building a better picture.

[/quote]

What where those thyroid readings previously.
When Dr said “fine” that could be for a 90 year old and may not be right for YOU. With low T usually you find some type of other issues linkerng around.

A little update. I request my most recent labs get faxed to me and found these results:

TSH 2.51 (.4-4.5)
T4, Free 1.3 (.8-1.8)

FSH 21.4 (1.6-8)
LH 7.7 (1.5-9.3)

Prolaction total 9.6 (2-18)

Well…the results are in. Sadly my the long road I’ve been on has led me nowhere. I recently had a Micro Testicular Biopsy and found that the cells are consistent with Sertoli Syndrome, and worse they found no living viable sperm. So, with that I have been debating TRT. With my most recent TT being in the low 300’s, and fertility out of the equation, I feel like I should try to have the best quality of life I can.

Does the Brain trust here think I should pursue TRT (my post op appointment with an infertility urologist is scheduled)?

If so has anyone found a good doctor in the Buffalo NY region that they would recommend?

It looks like you are primary hypogonadal with your LH and FSH so high, so the only option for raising your T would be TRT. If you have symptoms of low T I definitely would recommend pursuing TRT. Your TSH was elevated in your test so you should pursue your thyroid as well as your adrenals, as if they are off you still may feel like shit on TRT. Read the stickies for the recommended testing and the injection protocol. I highly recommend injections. I wasted months on transdermals which for me were ineffective. Now that I am on injections I am doing much better. With your TSH at 2.5 you are highly likely to not absorb the transdermals so you may be one of the lucky ones that ends up with lower T than you started with on a transdermal. Again, read the stickies and good luck.

There is a sticky for finding a TRT doc.

Your testes may still be making pregnenolone. You will have to think about hCG to preserve preg and size/appearance.

We have never seen numbers like this here that I can recall for a high degree of primary. Your hypothalamus and pituitary are very strong in this game.

There is some cross linking of LH/FSH production and TSH. I recommend that you check TSH, fT3, fT4 after you are on TRT and LH/FSH have been shutdown for a while.

You also need to consider that TSH might be high from an iodine deficiency.
-iodized salt?
-iodine in vitamins or kelp
-history of above

Read the 'advice for new guys sticky" and note thyroid related issues.

Post your oral body temperatures, when you wake up and mid afternoon.