In Other News Part 3

http://www.guns.com/2015/05/08/house-advances-amendment-to-sell-milsurp-1911s-through-cmp/

Please lord let this happen.

1 Like

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
http://www.guns.com/2015/05/08/house-advances-amendment-to-sell-milsurp-1911s-through-cmp/

Please lord let this happen. [/quote]

O_O

Yeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Gonna try this again.

Investigative Journalist Hersh Claims Obama Lied About Bin Laden Raid

Seymour Hersh, the Pulitzer Prize winning left-wing investigative journalist, is accusing Pres. Obama of lying about the raid that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in a 10,000 word piece on the London Review of Books.

http://www.breitbart.com/...bin-laden-raid/

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Gonna try this again.

Seymour Hersh, the Pulitzer Prize winning left-wing investigative journalist, is accusing Pres. Obama of lying about the raid that killed al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden in a 10,000 word piece on the London Review of Books.

http://www.breitbart.com/...bin-laden-raid/[/quote]

Yeah, I heard this. I just don’t know what real difference it makes frankly. I mean, how many international agreements/cooperative quid pro quos are broken routinely by governments the world over? OBL is still dead in Hersh’s version.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Gonna try this again.

Yeah, I heard this. I just don’t know what real difference it makes frankly. I mean, how many international agreements/cooperative quid pro quos are broken routinely by governments the world over? OBL is still dead in Hersh’s version.[/quote]

What difference? I cant get into the Breitbart piece, but the difference is that our POTUS and the government may have lied about essentially every detail of the raid. Even if 50% of Hersh’s piece is true, that’s still a lot of lies to own on the thing you’ll claim as your legacy.

[quote]TheKraken wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Gonna try this again.

Yeah, I heard this. I just don’t know what real difference it makes frankly. I mean, how many international agreements/cooperative quid pro quos are broken routinely by governments the world over? OBL is still dead in Hersh’s version.[/quote]

What difference? I cant get into the Breitbart piece, but the difference is that our POTUS and the government may have lied about essentially every detail of the raid. Even if 50% of Hersh’s piece is true, that’s still a lot of lies to own on the thing you’ll claim as your legacy. [/quote]

Well, fine yes. That part I agree with. But then again, Obama has been trying to build his legacy out of lies for years already now. So what difference does one more mean? Nada. You mean where he’s been crappy at diplomacy? Already seen it. You mean where he’s left people out to dry on agreements? Already seen it. You mean where he’s lied to cover his own ass? Already seen it.

So unless OBL is still out there–which isn’t true, even Hersh still claims he’s dead–I don’t see what difference this makes because he’s already got an administration built around this sort of thing.

Look, if Benghazi didn’t stick then this isn’t going to make any difference at all–this is a lie about HOW killing OBL happened–not that he’s still alive. That was a lie about OUR AMBASSADOR GETTING KILLED by terrorists.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Look, if Benghazi didn’t stick then this isn’t going to make any difference at all–this is a lie about HOW killing OBL happened–not that he’s still alive. That was a lie about OUR AMBASSADOR GETTING KILLED by terrorists. [/quote]

What lie was that?

Statement by the Director of Public Affairs for the Director of National Intelligence,
Shawn Turner, on the intelligence related to the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

“In the immediate aftermath, there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo. We provided that initial assessment to Executive Branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly and provide updates as they became available. Throughout our investigation we continued to emphasize that information gathered was preliminary and evolving.”

Ahmed Abu Khattala himself has stated that the attack was in retaliation for the film “The Innocence of Muslims”.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:
Look, if Benghazi didn’t stick then this isn’t going to make any difference at all–this is a lie about HOW killing OBL happened–not that he’s still alive. That was a lie about OUR AMBASSADOR GETTING KILLED by terrorists. [/quote]

What lie was that?

Statement by the Director of Public Affairs for the Director of National Intelligence,
Shawn Turner, on the intelligence related to the terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya

“In the immediate aftermath, there was information that led us to assess that the attack began spontaneously following protests earlier that day at our embassy in Cairo. We provided that initial assessment to Executive Branch officials and members of Congress, who used that information to discuss the attack publicly and provide updates as they became available. Throughout our investigation we continued to emphasize that information gathered was preliminary and evolving.”

Ahmed Abu Khattala himself has stated that the attack was in retaliation for the film “The Innocence of Muslims”.[/quote]

Wow.

I gave you more credit than this.[/quote]

Susan Rice’ statement was informed by the best analysis that the intelligence community could provide at the time. It later came to light that the attack was not spontaneous, but premeditated. The alleged leader of Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi - captured by Delta Force commandos in 2014 - stated that the attack on the consulate and CIA annex was in response to Innocence of Muslims. Regardless, senior DOD officials have stated time and time again that the 6 man security team that charted a private flight from Tripoli to Benghazi were the only US assets in the region that could respond in a timely manner. Close air support would have taken 9-12 hours to deploy.

New York Times foreign correspondent Carlotta Gall is backing up the Hersh claim.

Now a respected New York Times foreign correspondent, who was based in Afghanistan and Pakistan, writes about a key detail “in Seymour Hersh’s Bin Laden story that rings true.”

Carlotta Gall writes that she also learned from sources that Pakistan’s intelligence service, ISI, had kept bin Laden prisoner since 2006 and that the CIA learned about his location from a Pakistani informer who sold the information for $25 million ? not, as the White House claimed, by tracking bin Laden’s couriers.

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]Bismark wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

What lie was that?

Ahmed Abu Khattala himself has stated that the attack was in retaliation for the film “The Innocence of Muslims”.[/quote]

Wow.

I gave you more credit than this.[/quote]

Susan Rice’ statement was informed by the best analysis that the intelligence community could provide at the time. It later came to light that the attack was not spontaneous, but premeditated. The alleged leader of Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi - captured by Delta Force commandos in 2014 - stated that the attack on the consulate and CIA annex was in response to Innocence of Muslims. Regardless, senior DOD officials have stated time and time again that the 6 man security team that charted a private flight from Tripoli to Benghazi were the only US assets in the region that could respond in a timely manner. Close air support would have taken 9-12 hours to deploy.
[/quote]

Two things: first, I was drawing–or at least intending to draw–comparisons of these scandals based on the severity of the consequences rather than any material corroboration of the scandal stories. Benghazi was quite obviously much more serious than this discrepancy. My overall point was really that if Benghazi and any of the other myriad scandals which this administration has survived didn’t amount to all that much then this Bin Laden story is not going to amount to anything at all because it is less of a big deal in the first place…because, you know, he’s still maggot food.

Second, the administration continued to lie about the cause of the attack well after it had come to light. Your initial line of defense, i.e. " the best analysis that the intelligence community could provide at the time. It later came to light…" smacks very much of the whole Iraq War line “the intelligence at the time said…”

It may be true, but it doesn’t smell very clean. Regardless of my personal feelings on that topic, the fact of the matter is that the administration DID continue to publicly lie about the cause of the attacks after it had come to light that they were not spontaneous. That is a scandal regardless. Sticking to a known lie? Come on.

Either way, it doesn’t matter very much because this OBL scandal doesn’t have legs.

Now, if he were alive and well eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches with the King somewhere then that would be a huuuuuuuge deal. But he’s not, and it’s not.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

Either way, it doesn’t matter very much because this OBL scandal doesn’t have legs.

[/quote]

The implication that they used “enhanced interrogation” techniques is pretty damning and tarnishes his brand to any honest observer though. Not many of those in the voter pool so no worries there for him really.

At best this just confirms what we all know, Bam is a politician at best, and a rabid one at that. Which means he’ll lie about the smell of his farts to make himself look better than he is, and legacy is all he actually cares about, not the people, not the office, not the world, just how his name looks all shiny and great in the history books.

At worst, and this is where I think the reason to lie comes in, Bam looks like Bush44. Which is undoubtedly the very last thing he, his team or any blueteam letter voter wants or will admit. “Hope and Change” was simply more of the same, and that sadness and disappointment is more of a blow to Bam and the party than “if you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan” style truth telling he does.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Gonna try this again.

Hersh is a loon who has been going down the rabbit hole for some time now.

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[/quote]

The implication that they used “enhanced interrogation” techniques is pretty damning and tarnishes his brand to any honest observer though. Not many of those in the voter pool so no worries there for him really.

At best this just confirms what we all know, Bam is a politician at best, and a rabid one at that. Which means he’ll lie about the smell of his farts to make himself look better than he is, and legacy is all he actually cares about, not the people, not the office, not the world, just how his name looks all shiny and great in the history books.

At worst, and this is where I think the reason to lie comes in, Bam looks like Bush44. Which is undoubtedly the very last thing he, his team or any blueteam letter voter wants or will admit. “Hope and Change” was simply more of the same, and that sadness and disappointment is more of a blow to Bam and the party than “if you like your insurance plan you can keep your insurance plan” style truth telling he does. [/quote]

Bingo

Expect a lot more of this in our future:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/14/cops-bodycam-shows-him-telling-suspicious-driver-to-take-the-keys-out-of-the-ignition-seconds-later-chaos-erupted/

Not again:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/05/14/cop-caught-on-video-chasing-kids-outside-housing-project-but-the-unexpected-reason-is-why-the-clip-is-going-viral/

Please lord let this happen. [/quote]

Yes please.

1 Like

Idiot introduces bill requiring returning war veterans to identify themselves to their neighbors, to “WARN” them of their combat service.

Amazing

[quote]NorCal916 wrote:
Idiot introduces bill requiring returning war veterans to identify themselves to their neighbors, to “WARN” them of their combat service.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/04/veteran-ptsd-bill/

Amazing

[/quote]

Dufflelblog is a Satire site

http://www.duffelblog.com/about/

The Onion is the civilan version of the Duffelbag, NorCal :slight_smile: