In Need of Validation, Internet was Mean to Me

I still think it’s hilarious they photoshopped pants onto Arnold.

1 Like

Marcus Aurelius had some similar stuff in that regard

“Kindness is invincible-if it is sincere, not fawning or pretense. What can the most aggressive man do to you if you continue to be kind to him?”

4 Likes

I only remembered the quote I posted from a Jet Li movie.

1 Like

I miss good martial arts movies.

1 Like

Note: Corey Yuen is the dude who did all Jet Li’s personal fight choreography in every single Hollywood movie he had a fight scene in from Lethal Weapon 4 to The Expendables because Jet Li would only allow him to do it.

1 Like

Would you consider posting it in your log, or mine? I would definitely be interested in hearing it if you want to share .

2 Likes

Yeah this is no bueno, especially if have depression. You need to force your self get out the house and be social whether you like it or not, once a week minimum.

Yep, stuff like youtube comments section can be hilarious/retarded/a cesspool, depending on what mood you’re in

2 Likes

People will always hate for whatever reason. Can you believe people criticizing Chris Bumstead or other top physique guys? So what do you think they’ll do to just “above average” guys?

When I was fat, people called me fat and lazy and such… Now they say I’m a showoff. You’ll never please everyone

1 Like

Get you an Instagram/tinder/bumble and boost that confidence the old fashioned way

1 Like

Disabling all your social ( I call it anti-social ) media was the best thing you did. I’ve never joined any of that bullshit. Stay out of those places .

I think you’re doing great … keep it up. Most people are assholes so try not to Ley it get to you.

1 Like

And introduced Cynthia Rothrock to the world

No Corey Yuen

No China O’Brien

1 Like

Oh, yeah how could I forget his old “female fighters” films lol. You really do know your HK shit, dude. :+1:

I confess I had a massive hard on for Sibelle Hu.

Corey Yuen also did The Transporter and choreographed Jason Statham’s fight scenes for the sequels for anyone else interested in this HK shit. Hell, he even did it for the first X-Men movie.

1 Like

The real #metoo movement mate

1 Like

That was like 30 years ago lol. Just imagine that. Moon Lee, Sibelle Hu, Cynthia Rothrock, Cynthia Khan etc.

1 Like

Mate I’m shocked you haven’t even mentioned No Retreat No Surrender 2 ffs

1 Like

I did in the movies thread while mocking The Last Jedi. It was about how a training scene has to result in the use of something from it in the climax. Rey progressed from lifting small rocks to… BIG rocks LMAO!!!

1 Like

It’s a great movie man. Just oozes big dick energy balanced out with the feminine graces of Rothrock of course :heart_eyes:

1 Like

While we’re at it, I’m just gonna throw out the fact that Corey was from the same opera training school as Jackie Chan and the Sammo Hung for others who may be interested.

Fucking badass fucker.

This was about the shit they went through as KIDS produced by, and starring Sammo Hung himself.

(Warning. Scenes of child “abuse” in the training scenes in the movie are not for the faint of heart.)

1 Like

Not sure that’s quite old fashioned, back in my day just picked them up at the gym or the mall. Lol

The means in how you accomplish the boost wasn’t the old fashion way, the product of the means was :joy: