T Nation

In Need of New Workout Ideas

Im trying to get back into working out abd sort of have a routine set up bit was looking for imput on other exercises and workouts I can utilize. I currently only have the use of a bowflex and have also been doing non weight exercises using medicine balls and a yoga ball. Please feel free to give your imput and advice.

What are you hoping to achieve?

What resources do you have available in terms of money or time?

[quote]sheplax3 wrote:
Im trying to get back into working out abd sort of have a routine set up bit was looking for input on other exercises and workouts I can utilize. I currently only have the use of a bowflex and have also been doing non weight exercises using medicine balls and a yoga ball. Please feel free to give your input and advice.[/quote]

I recently read " originality is over rated"
If you have a bow flex down load the old videos or look them up on youtube.
Get a book and follow the program. If you want to grow muscle body build, if you want to get strong and be able to produce strength. Power lift. If you want to be flexible but gain strength do Pilates. Don’t create shit. Identify what you want. Then look up a successful program to achieve that goal and follow it. Done.

[quote]ScreenWatcha wrote:

[quote]sheplax3 wrote:
Im trying to get back into working out abd sort of have a routine set up bit was looking for input on other exercises and workouts I can utilize. I currently only have the use of a bowflex and have also been doing non weight exercises using medicine balls and a yoga ball. Please feel free to give your input and advice.[/quote]

Get a book and follow the program. If you want to grow muscle body build, if you want to get strong and be able to produce strength. Power lift. If you want to be flexible but gain strength do Pilates. Don’t create shit. Identify what you want. Then look up a successful program to achieve that goal and follow it. Done. [/quote]

Pretty much this.

Whatever it is you’re trying to do, someone has already done it. It’s wisest to try and learn from them, the wheel has yet to be successfully reinvented.

Go online and get the manual for the bowflex. Lots of exercises and be consistent.

[quote]ScreenWatcha wrote:

[quote]sheplax3 wrote:

Get a book and follow the program. If you want to grow muscle body build, if you want to get strong and be able to produce strength. Power lift. If you want to be flexible but gain strength do Pilates. Don’t create shit. Identify what you want. Then look up a successful program to achieve that goal and follow it. Done. [/quote]

Another vote for this.