In Need of a New Program

For about two years, I’ve been following the same template. I feel I have plateaued and need to change things up. This is my current routine…

May add hang cleans or power cleans before squats, possibly box jumps
Day 1- 5/3/1 Squats, with SLDL, walking lunges, leg extensions, back raises.
Day 2- Chest/Back (5/3/1 Bench)
After Bench…

• DB rows, 4 sets of 10,10,8,6
    -Incline DB press with pull ups (4 sets of 6-10 for press, and 10-12 reps for pull ups)
  • Weighted Dips (may go back to doing another incline press) with Row variation for 4 sets of 8-10 reps
  • cable crossovers or DB flies with pulldown variation for 4 sets of 10-12

Day 3- OFF

Day 4- 5/3/1 Deadlifts, Front Squats, Bulgarian split squats, leg curls or pull throughs
Day 5- 5/3/1 OHP with chins/weighted chins

• Close grip Incline (may change to flat close grip if I change weighted dips into another incline press on bench day.) with face pulls or another rear felt variation.
  • BB/DB curls with Tricep pushdowns
  • DB hammer curls with skullcrushers
  • Bicep variation/Tricep variation
  • 4 sets of side lateral raises

*Trap work is added, as well as abs and sprints

On a side note, supersets are something I love doing for accessory work. When focusing on the main lifts, I like to take a little longer between sets. I’m an athlete, so I feel I need to train like one at times. Any added plyometrics, hang cleans, power cleans, or high pulls would be awesome.

I really want to get bigger, stronger and faster…and remain or even get leaner at the same time. I know diet is key, but with a solid workout program, I could achieve this even better.

Any suggestions CT? Or anyone?

Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!

CT’s 915 Workout Program is awesome. I just finished Week 8 and am excited to test all of my lifts.

As for supersets with this program… The 915 is TOUGH. No doubt about it. But adding in jumps and/or band pull aparts work well in between sets.

Hope this helps.

-Colby

[quote]Colbstar wrote:
CT’s 915 Workout Program is awesome. I just finished Week 8 and am excited to test all of my lifts.

As for supersets with this program… The 915 is TOUGH. No doubt about it. But adding in jumps and/or band pull aparts work well in between sets.

Hope this helps.

-Colby[/quote]

Yes, adding non demanding/non fatiguing work is fine but make sure that it doesn’t detract from the main work.

Also make sure to properly select your 1RM for the base of the program. Better be safe and opt for the maximum weight you can lift with solid form than an all out max… the end result will actually be higher this way.