For about two years, I've been following the same template. I feel I have plateaued and need to change things up. This is my current routine...
May add hang cleans or power cleans before squats, possibly box jumps
Day 1- 5/3/1 Squats, with SLDL, walking lunges, leg extensions, back raises.
Day 2- Chest/Back (5/3/1 Bench)
- DB rows, 4 sets of 10,10,8,6
-Incline DB press with pull ups (4 sets of 6-10 for press, and 10-12 reps for pull ups)
- Weighted Dips (may go back to doing another incline press) with Row variation for 4 sets of 8-10 reps
- cable crossovers or DB flies with pulldown variation for 4 sets of 10-12
Day 3- OFF
Day 4- 5/3/1 Deadlifts, Front Squats, Bulgarian split squats, leg curls or pull throughs
Day 5- 5/3/1 OHP with chins/weighted chins
- Close grip Incline (may change to flat close grip if I change weighted dips into another incline press on bench day.) with face pulls or another rear felt variation.
- BB/DB curls with Tricep pushdowns
- DB hammer curls with skullcrushers
- Bicep variation/Tricep variation
- 4 sets of side lateral raises
*Trap work is added, as well as abs and sprints
On a side note, supersets are something I love doing for accessory work. When focusing on the main lifts, I like to take a little longer between sets. I'm an athlete, so I feel I need to train like one at times. Any added plyometrics, hang cleans, power cleans, or high pulls would be awesome.
I really want to get bigger, stronger and faster..and remain or even get leaner at the same time. I know diet is key, but with a solid workout program, I could achieve this even better.
Any suggestions CT? Or anyone?
Thank you so much! Greatly appreciated!