In It for the Long Run: 260kg Deadlift, 200kg Front Squat, 130kg Log Press

Well cockedup my weights on Monday. Trap was meant to be 130kgidh. But tonight’s numbers anyway:
Ohp 50x10
Squat 115x10
Good numbers.

Ha I love having a log. I thought tonight was shit. But evidence says 4 weeks ago was brilliant.
127.5 squat x7
95 bpx8
Behind neck press and pull ups with ten rows and seated rows.
6xtabata sprints on assault bike

So today 1 week late - I hit under 100kg. 99.9kg to be exact.
Whoop whoop
Also hit good PRs at the gym today.
140kg x 10 on trap bar
57.5 x 8 on press
bench 4x10
one arm row 3x10
back hypers 3x8

Photos from last night

I can see progress!

2 Likes

Shit training.
142.5x2 was aiming for 5.
This is the latest slide my my squat. Bench tomorrow. I hope this is better.

Bench was just as bad. Will reset tm and try again. On the other hand pull ups and Bor are going well.

Judo tonight. Which was okay. Very light exercise. The intensity has gone resently. I will gage to find alternative forms of cv exercise

No second work out this week. Very up set. So start ir again tonight. Goimg to keep tms as are and see how that works.
Got a new shoulder injury. Which is great. I’ll have to see how that is tonight.

My injury is not getting better. I think it might be my old injury again,

I will continue to rest and try and work around it.
weight remains steady at just sub 100kg

WEight is 99.5 which is is good.

I went to the gym tonight. Done trap bar dead lift. 8 reps with 160. Good reps. 8-9 weeks ago I was 3 rep with 160.
Done bent over row, curls and planks. I would have done chins but my shoulder is fucked.
tabata sprints x4

Training through a shoulder ls issue and hit bench. 90x9. Might not have been sensible but I’m happy. Behind neck press for pump, tricep heavy and and pec deck for the pump

Squat is still struggling. It’s held and not slipped so I guess I can be happy.
160 for one rep. Wanted 3. But hey it was what it was.
Done leg press, curl and extension after this.

170 tbdl for 5 rest pause +1 more rep.
Tried pull ups but I had a pain my shoulder.
Seated row 3x8
One arm row 2x10 30kg
Curls 10kg 10 reps 8 reps with cheats

Getting stronger while losing weight can be a challenge, but it can be done. Just make sure your diet is giving you all the fuel you need for your muscles. It also sucks training around an injury, but it looks like you’re killing it.

Thanks man. The weight loss has stalled. But I’m maintaining. Which is okay. I’m definitely gaining lean mass. I notice it in the shoulders. Not loads. But it’s there.
The injury is bugging me. But 12-18 months ago if have let it stop me. Now I’m working around it. It’s like I waited until my mid 30’s to grow up.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, I’m in my 50’s and sometimes I don’t think I’m quite there with the ‘growing up’ thing.

Keep it up man! You’ll stall and then you’ll drop. It’s just your body fighting the changes your making it go through. Diet long enough and you’ll find that your body kind of gets to happy places where it wants to hang out weight wise.

Thank man. But the lack of progress is 100% down to eating crap. I stress eat. And work has me stressed right now. IT not an excuses. And I need to manage it.
On the plus side I now have a coach to keep me honest and accountable. Which I think will help.

BTW I’ve been keeping tabs on your log. Dude - you look great. My lean will be your normal.

1 Like

So push day today.
Bench to a working set of 95kg for 7 reps. All very fast and power full. Very VERY happy with rep quality. I was going to grind out 8 but I though that was bad idea with a busted shoulder.
Behind the neck press - 30kg 12, 10, 8. Happy enough seeing rep progress. And my middle delt is growing :slight_smile:
Tried decline press as 60kg but my shoulder was not happy so went for some pump work in its place.
2x20 on the pec deck and 3x15 on triceps extensions…

Fuck yeah. I’ve been a bit behind on the squat recently. But I hit 135 for 8. My start point was 140 for 5.
Ive been missing all my squat work outs for a month. 140 for 2 was my best last week. So to hit 135 for 8. I almost cried. Genuinely fucking years. Feels great.
Leg press, pushed it on a reverse pyramid 12, 15,18 with 150 on. Leg extension and curls for 2 sets of 20. Palov press 3 sets of 10 presses.

Weight is constant at 99.5-100.5
Tbdl 6x170. Happy happy. Got through machine rows, rear delt flies, face pulls and curls. Feel good.