In It for the Long Run: 260kg Deadlift, 200kg Front Squat, 130kg Log Press

4 Likes

I’ve seen this before . Very true

Tonight’s “work”
Well after a crap night at work and getting to bed at 06:00 I slept till 13:00. I only had a few mins before my kids needed picking up from school before being at work again for 19:30. So not a lot of time.
Im committed to walking 3 miles tonight. That is all.

Tomorrow is push press and chest day. I’m going to remove the back element of this to speed it up. But do some rowing sprints. Maybe just 4x20 seconds.
And do the back work out Sunday . And do a touch of conditioning then too.

2 Likes

I can relate to this, my work trousers are loose round the waist but tight on the ass and thighs. One of the best compliments I ever had was from a mixed race girl telling me she wished she had an ass like mine. I’m also thankful I’ve never been to prison for that exact reason….

1 Like

See my waist is tighter. BUT I think it my ass coming right up. I’m no heavier. And my upper body look fucking ace. Not wanting to be too boastful.

January will sort that.

1 Like

Everything good @carlbm ? Been quiet for a while.

It’s the Internet dude. Be boastful.

Having an internet break. I’m good thought. Thank you.

2 Likes

So - after my 40,000kg experiment a few new rules.

Exercise every day that makes me break a sweat. This can be as simple as doing 50 reps of push press / front squat as fast as possible. Yesterday it was on an exercise bike for 10 mins. This is to be done AS WELL AS lifting.
Limit bread / wheat. Use potatoes and rice as my carbs.

The new workout plan will look like the old.
531 press with BTNP drop set. And dips and pull ups for vanity. Then arms.
531 front squat with 20 rep back squat. Single leg work (sled and lunge). Leg rises.
531 5 pros log. FSL reps in 60. Incline bench, and flies. One arm rows, straight arm lat pull downs and then arms.
531 Dead lift - FSL 5x5, Good mornings, glute bridge. Grip.

2 Likes

I had to take a day off the other day - work called and they needed me in. But so far - excerise every days i working.
Although due to a neck strain its not as hard / heavy.

I’m working on the exercise bike to get to cycling at 250w for 15mins. Not a massive amount - but mixed in this will be a good way to round off my fitness.

Diet is going okay. Eating lots but all whole foods.

Did front squats in the gym yesterday - heavier for the first time in a 6 week. 120 for 10. My old PB was 12. But I went beltless, I’m out of practise and my neck strain is pretty bad. So over all - bad but not a disaster.

Press
65x15 - happy. I’m out of practice for this. And I’m back in at a good level. In a month of two I’ll be smashing PRs.
Pull ups not so great. 5 sets of 2….
Full depth though.

Curls 5 set of 12 with 12kg each arm
SS
Tate press 5 sets of 10 with 16kg

Conditioning 300m sprint on row erg.

2 Likes

Not sure what to do today RE exercise - I think some Yoke.

Nothing to heavy - 200kg up and down the garden. Limit the rest period. Use it like cardio.

EDIT - really bad neck pain is feeding into head aches. And the yoke is too hard on my upper back. So I’m gonna go to the gym tonight. Which is a shame. I was looking forward to this. I think tonight I will do some cycling.

At @T3hPwnisher - I was reading your mythical strength blog. And I was interested in the “why are you training” question. I like who your “why” is feeding your how.

I’m trying to move toward this. Your conditioning every day thing has been key in a step change in me over December. It reminded me of what found out during my 20 rep squat experiment. You can work harder.

1 Like

Glad you found some value in it dude! It was good for me to write. I read through your 40t experiment and thought it was an absolutely solid step in a positive direction.

Thank you. It’s not been easy. But the results are worth it.
I’m much more “able” now that I was. And it’s hard to quantify that. But I know there are things I can do now could not 5 week ago.

Have you read anything by a guy called Simon Sinek?
He has some ideas I think you’d enjoy. Start with why and the infinite game.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.t-nation.com/training/the-biggest-exercise-in-bodybuilding/amp/

So I wimped out of the 75lb but used 70lb.
I also reduced it to 1x4, 1x2 and 6 singles. But I managed 12 reps in under 3 mins.
This was not a cardio issue. It was power and strength. Deceptively hard. But good fun.

1x300 sprint on rower added for good measure. 54.2 seconds

1 Like

So I’m thinking about a big diet push over lent. Simple - 40 days of:
Rice (250g uncooked)
chicken + beef - any cuts, eggs, any veg. With herbs and spices as needed.

The reasons for this are many. I am a man of faith. And this is part of said faith. Not to mention it will be good for my health.
Reasons against - I have a big rugby night out in the middle and my birthday.

I think the reasons for win. As I’m not going to be “cutting” I’m not going to plan a change in training. Train every day - use 531 for strength and conditioning every day. See where I get.

Start Wednesday 02.03

1 Like

That sounds brutal, gonna take it for a spin at some point

1 Like

I suspect this will go against your “all in or all out” nature, but maybe just allow for these two occasions in your plan. You’re still eating appropriately 95% of the time then, which is likely a whole lot better than you’d manage without.

Yeah it’s a good one to just do off the bat for no real reason. My arms (biceps) are feeling it today. And it’s always nice to try one of the old school standards. I say this as well. It feels like a “real” standard.
It’s not for show. And you need to be well rounded to do it.
Leg power for the drive, back power for the snatch and arm and shoulders for the press.

I did think about this - and from a fitness POV that’s fine. But from a faith POV it feels like a cop out.

1 Like