In It for the Long Run: 260kg Deadlift, 200kg Front Squat, 130kg Log Press

Yeah it was tough. But I got it. 80kg is 176lb. So not a little amount. But yeah. Feel very boss like after.

1 Like

Owned the log tonight. 3x3 at 95kg (209lb). Best ever. The 2x drop set of 6 reps at 83kg.

Felt in fire after what can only be described as a difficult warm up.

Video to come.

Incline bench
80kg 3x6 1x8

Seated row and lat pull down super set
3x25
Light weight

The triceps
Swiss jm press 5x8 efit these were cable push downs
Over head cables 4x12

Rows 6x100 emom

5 Likes

2 work outs to log:

DE lower body:

SSB squat - 132.5 6x3. These are hard. I hate the position.
Def dead lift 140 4x3. DE
Then a load of other posterior chain stuff.

Today was De upper day
Swiss bar press 6x2 with chains. Very awkward on the core
Shoulder machine - 45kg Nice effort.
Then triceps stuff
T bar row 75kg 5x8
Straight arm lat pull down

Rowing. 6x100 EMOM. Hard but getting easier.

Also - a video to come from my boy. He was doing “atlas stones” with a 20kg medicine ball. And looked like a boss doing it. First to a platform at chest height and then over head.

4 Likes

Tonight was ME lower

Block deads - 230kg for 1x3. This was tough but I think I could have squeezed 1 more rep or 5 more kg.

Stiff leg - 80kg 3x12

Super set
1 leg press and extension
80kg/leg and lots of weight

The SS
lunge 25kg
reverse hyper

Ski erg - 3 100m ski’s - 18 seconds, 20 seconds, 21 seconds.

3 Likes

Awesome pressing dude.

ME log day.
2x3 100kg. Fuck yeah.
I missed the first attempt at the clean on the 3rd rep set 1. But I refocused and got it.

Drop set 83kg 2x8. 1 clean then rep out.
Boom.

Then done other stuff. I was wacked.

Tried the 100m row. Set out too fast. I got to 375m and I was dying. At 425m I literally fell off the rower. At the point I fell off I was averaging 1.33s/500m.

@alex_uk @dagill2 - another attempt on Sunday.

3 Likes

Haha great effort, did you get it on video?! Got to have another go can’t let zee German strongman win (@Koestrizer just did it in 1.32 after putting 140kg over his head!)

I’m going to have to have another crack and get sub 1.30 you guys are far too close to my time!

1 Like

Remind me again what time I have to beat to best you, @alex_uk ? Pretty sure I can improve a little if I play it smart, haha.

I was actually sub 1.30 but by the time the timer stopped it was 1.32 (and slightly over 500m) so I need to repeat and record to see what time I actually hit the 500m mark. I’ve got improvements to come be good to see how much you can improve as well, nice thing is it’s such a short thing to do that doing it as challenge every now and then isn’t inconvenient, just disgusting.

1 Like

@Koestrizer - well I’m just outdone mate. I think sub 1.40. Like 1.37 or 1.38 will be my best IF I keep a solid pace. If I go out quick again I will die again.

Also a 140 log - WOW. I just about managed my 100kg for 3. My 2nd set was touch and go. The last rep took a few seconds to finish off.
I can’t wait to get my 130kg log. Its point at which I think you can say you’re “pretty good” at pressing lol.

2 Likes

Its short, yes. But I actually felt sick with worry before doing my sprint. No video fyi
And if there were I’d not share it. It ends with me falling off the rower mumbling “Oh no, oh no” and I have no idea why.

That’s why it would need sharing, that’d have been hilarious to see! I know you fell off but seriously that’s how you know you put in a decent effort, you were close as well. I seriously burnt out by 300m I hit that by about 45 seconds from memory and then took another 45 seconds to coast to the other 200m it was horrific, felt like I was going to pass out afterwards, fun times!

I’m 99% sure this is why I was worried. I was also putting off going to the toilet at the time. So I had a genuine fear of passing out and THEN going.

1 Like

Not to open the discussion about middle age again but there should be an option to just set it to 500m haha. At least a standard concept rower has that option.

Just a barbell press, mate. My log isn’t quite there yet.

2 Likes

“Just”…

2 Likes

Haha cheeky

Never even considered that…

1 Like

Select - row, new work out, single distance, then done.

1 Like

DE lower body today.

SSB squat - 140kg 4x3. Nice and easy. Nice and fast.
Was due to do dead lifts but the platform was BUSY today.

Hack squats, GHR, pull throughts, curls and KB swings after that.

Then ab roll outs.

A good session. No cardio today. I will do 7x100m EMOM tomorrow.

3 Likes

Me a good enough work out today.

Swiss bar press, for 6 quick singles.
Shoukdbpres machine 6x6 at 50kg maybe. Triceps stuff and then back. Super set or ad the boy said super syain set (DB fan). T bar row 80kg, straight arm pull down 9 plates.
8s and 12s 3 sets.

Brutal.

2 Likes

So ME dead lift day
DL from a 25mm mat:
220kgx2, 210x2, 210x2, 220x2.

Was hard work. but done.

SSB good mornings, 80kg

single leg leg press SS with leg extensions
80kg and 10 plates

Long work out event though not much done.

3 Likes