Hello all, long time hopeless lurker here, finally sick of my current physical health and ready for a change.
Ok heres the back story, ever since I turned 8 I have ben a tad on the pudgy side, and just recently it has gotten worse. I currently work 4 days a week (Thursday - Friday)at a local pizza shop, and that means that I have ate pizza 4 days a week of the last year and a half … and we are talking a half of a 16 incher loaded down with the whole shabang.
I am currently 240lbs at about 5’8". I am not totaly sure on my body fat % but I know I can spare to loose 35-40 lbs putting me at 200ish and I would be fairly lean there. I do not have a lot of muscle but I am not scrawny buy any means ( 200lbs lean at 5’8" I don’t think is to bad )
basically here is my plan
To log EVERY thing I eat and EVERY thing I drink unless it is water or tea
Follow these simple diet guide lines
- Stay away from fatty meats. ( bacon, sausage, ect )
- Stay away from excessive amounts of carbs in one meal.
- Stay away from fatty sauces and dressings. ( Ranch dressing, cream sauces, ect )
- Stay away from sugar.
- Stay away from excess salt.
- Stay away from fruit juices and colas / pop, Drink only water, milk, and other beverages such as tea.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables for snacks instead of other things.
- Only ONE cheat meal OR one night of drinking A WEEK!
- Try to stay under 2000 calories a day
- NO PIZZA!
I will be using a modified version of the Shut up program that will look like this.
Monday- Chest and Biceps
Tuesday- Legs and Lower back
Wednesday- Grip, neck, Cardio
Thursday- Back and Core
Friday- Shoulders and Triceps, Grip, Neck
Saturday- Cardio and Heavy bag
Sunday- Cardio and Heavy bag
First week at 2 sets of 12 with light weight and little rest ( 1min )
Second week at 4 sets of 5 with moderate weight and moderate rest ( 2-3 min )
Third week at 5 sets of 3 with heavy weight and heavy rest ( 3-4 min )
Basically I would like to know your thoughts and any tips if you have them. If you need any more info than just ask. Oh and I was wondering what Sups would you suggest to help me loose weight while keeping AS MUCH of my current muscle mass as possible ( any tips on the subject of weight loss and retaining muscle in general are greatly wanted )
PS. I am truly sorry for any grammatical errors as I am a horrible speller and typer.