In Defense of Trolling

It seems that having fun is getting a bad rap around here. Anyone who likes to have a few laughs is instantly labeled a “troll”. What is ironic is that most of the people so quick to label someone a “troll” are actually quite troll-like themselves. Oh well, I’d rather be a troll than a boring, uptight, flat-lined muskophiliac garbage can. Ha Ha.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
It seems that having fun is getting a bad rap around here. Anyone who likes to have a few laughs is instantly labeled a “troll”. What is ironic is that most of the people so quick to label someone a “troll” are actually quite troll-like to themselves. Oh well, I’d rather be a troll than a boring, uptight, flat-lined muskophiliac garbage can. Ha Ha.[/quote]

You can have fun and contribute too. There are other sites to go to if your just in for a laugh.

[quote]bboybean wrote:
HugeMutha wrote:
It seems that having fun is getting a bad rap around here. Anyone who likes to have a few laughs is instantly labeled a “troll”. What is ironic is that most of the people so quick to label someone a “troll” are actually quite troll-like to themselves. Oh well, I’d rather be a troll than a boring, uptight, flat-lined muskophiliac garbage can. Ha Ha.

You can have fun and contribute too. There are other sites to go to if your just in for a laugh.
[/quote]

Wow. A measured, intelligent response. I’m utterly flabbergasted.

You see, this occurs when someone who is not funny attempts to be funny. People who are actually funny are allowed as much free reign as they want. I think about 1% of dollarbill’s posts are relevant in any way to what was posted. But he’s funny. You aren’t.

A lot of people aren’t here all the time… they won’t get inside jokes or know that someone isn’t serious when they are being sarcastic.

Anyway, I guess you could consider whether the “contribution” being made helps or hurts the site in general… assuming you aren’t such a troll that you really don’t care.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
It seems that having fun is getting a bad rap around here. Anyone who likes to have a few laughs is instantly labeled a “troll”. What is ironic is that most of the people so quick to label someone a “troll” are actually quite troll-like themselves. Oh well, I’d rather be a troll than a boring, uptight, flat-lined muskophiliac garbage can. Ha Ha.[/quote]

Do you lift weights? This isn’t “Comedic Nation”. If your humor is natural, it will come through without any effort and no one would call you a troll for it. You seem to be struggling. I mean, your posts made CT pull up a keyboard and correct you. If anything is funny, that is…and no one was laughing WITH you.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
HugeMutha wrote:
It seems that having fun is getting a bad rap around here. Anyone who likes to have a few laughs is instantly labeled a “troll”. What is ironic is that most of the people so quick to label someone a “troll” are actually quite troll-like themselves. Oh well, I’d rather be a troll than a boring, uptight, flat-lined muskophiliac garbage can. Ha Ha.

Do you lift weights? This isn’t “Comedic Nation”. If your humor is natural, it will come through without any effort and no one would call you a troll for it. You seem to be struggling. I mean, your posts made CT pull up a keyboard and correct you. If anything is funny, that is…and no one was laughing WITH you.[/quote]

It wasn’t a correction about what I said, CT merely clarified.

You, however, find it impossible to admit when you are wrong which I find to be far more humorous than many other things. As per your question about lifting weights; I do lift weights and when advice is needed, I give it, unlike other people on this board that give their half-witted attempts at advice and always complain about “newbs” even when their advice is completely unsolicited.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
You see, this occurs when someone who is not funny attempts to be funny. People who are actually funny are allowed as much free reign as they want. I think about 1% of dollarbill’s posts are relevant in any way to what was posted. But he’s funny. You aren’t.[/quote]

You see, what’s important to me is not that other people find my jokes humorous; what’s important to me is that I find my jokes to be humorous. Life is very short Cap’n, and we all need to enjoy it. A wise man once said, “Those who can’t do, teach.” And that’s exactly what I intend to do. Keep doing, Cap’n, keep doing.

uh-huh

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
Correction, it was CT who clarified.[/quote]

Wait, are you sure? I mean, you know how Chad is always getting mixed up with CT on these forums.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
You see, what’s important to me is not that other people find my jokes humorous; what’s important to me is that I find my jokes to be humorous.
[/quote]

Wow. You must be one popular guy.

[quote]HugeMutha wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:

You see, what’s important to me is not that other people find my jokes humorous; what’s important to me is that I find my jokes to be humorous. Life is very short Cap’n, and we all need to enjoy it. A wise man once said, “Those who can’t do, teach.” And that’s exactly what I intend to do. Keep doing, Cap’n, keep doing.
[/quote]

You arent funny. Get over it.

Yah. We all need to have more fun.

OOO. Fun!

Woo.

Haha.

and last but not least, we see huge mutha at a weekly gathering for people just like him!

Even on a useless thread like this, I can learn something new.

Turns out I have a latex mermaid bubblebutt fetish.

Thanks Barney. My g.f. is gonna hate you though.

This is what I’m talking about, man. You know when you see that nerdy guy out on the dance floor getting his boogy on…I love that stuff. Who cares if this is a bodybuilding forum. If all we ever posted about was bb’ing then it would be the most boring place to be. Kind of like this