In a Funk, Try Eccentic-less Training?

Hey CT/folks, i noticed you said that when your body feels down but your ready to go mentally that you perform an eccentric less workout. I done a light day yesterday using %55-70 of my 1RM using 2 upper and 1 lower lift.

I’m thinking of throwing my tire/sled in the car and doing some backward and forward walks.

Should i minimize metabolic fatigue when using the sled for this purpose? Considering sled work destroys me if i use it for conditioning.

Thanks,
Brad

try a neural charge workout if your run down. find the “activation training” article for more detail.

[quote]colinphenom wrote:
try a neural charge workout if your run down. find the “activation training” article for more detail.[/quote]

Thanks, however i think CT said he uses neural charge workouts for when his CNS is drained.

Here’s the quote:

[quote]If you feel like you need a break, there’s always a training solution that’s far better than time off. For example, if I lack motivation or drive to train, it indicates CNS fatigue and accordingly, I’ll do a neural charge workout. On the other hand, if I feel strong mentally but not fully rested physically, then I’ll do an eccentric-less training session to snap me out of the rut.

The point is, there is always some form of training that you can do (and should do) on an “off” day â?? neural charge workouts promote nervous system recovery and eccentric-less sessions promote physical recovery. All of this, of course, is dependant upon also taking in high-level peri-workout nutrition â?? like MAG-10, ANACONDA, and SURGE Workout Fuel â?? to support anabolic physiology as well as recovery. [/quote]

Update: I went ahead with the OHP but ditched the DB bench press and lower body lift. I hit a PB!!

Last 7 days i used HFT based on HPM and CT’s first person article a few years ago.

Dec 3th - OHP - 4x5@55-70%, DB bench press - 2x5@55%
Dec 4th - OHP - 3x3@55-60%
Dec 5th - DB bench press - 5x5@55%
Dec 6th - OHP - 8x3@55-85%
Dec 7th - off
Dec 8th - OHP - 4x3@55-65%, DB bench press - 5x3@50%
Dec 9th - OHP Personal record!

I also done deads and squats but less frequent.

I LOVE HFT! Technique is huge. This way you can practice it ALOT.

touché, I misread. Just don’t go overboard get the prowler flu. looks like that post you found answered your question. congrats on the new pb

[quote]colinphenom wrote:
touchÃ?©, I misread. Just don’t go overboard get the prowler flu. looks like that post you found answered your question. congrats on the new pb [/quote]

I only used my homemade tire/sled once so far. But i plan on using it when i feel rundown, physically. I won’t be using it for conditioning though.

I guess i answered my other question too. :slight_smile: