Improving Deadlift with Deficit Deadlifts?

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]Reed wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
I train mat pulls using ROM progression, where every week I increase the range of motion I’m pulling by removing a mat under the plates until I’m eventually pulling a full deadlift. I give a detailed summary of it here

I imagine you could do something similar with deficit deads, in a ROM regression approach. Start with a few mats under your feet and the each week increase the weight while you decrease the ROM. It should allow you to keep the deadlift pathway grooved while still spending the majority of your training pulling from a deficit.[/quote]

I do something like this as well with great success except I use a Reverse Band set up. So each week I lower the anchor holding the bands so each week I get alittle more of the actual weight in my hands but am able to practice full range of form.[/quote]

I really like this. Sounds like a good solution for traveling. [/quote]

I promise give it a shot man. I have never seen any one else ever do it so maybe I can get it trademarked haha REEDS Band Progression Super Strong Cool System. Haha but for real I used the set up for my last meet and pulled a 30lbs PR in 10 weeks doing them every other week and had more in the tank. I dont know how effective it can be used for long periods but for short cycle it worked great and am going to try it again starting 8 weeks out of my March meet and am looking for 600 pull finally at 210ish