Improving Bench Off the Chest

[quote]Chap Manly wrote:
I’ve heard from a strength coach a way of improving the bench off the chest which apparently has helped people add 50 lbs to their bench in 3 weeks…

He said to take half your BW on the bar and hold it at chest level, resisting it for 5 minutes…then to take 100% of your BW and hold it at chest level for 3 minutes. This seems like it would be pointless for inproving the actually strength off the chest if you ask me…it sounds like merely a static endurance exercise.

Anyone heard of this? And do you think it’s BS or is there actually something to it?[/quote]

BS

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Chap Manly wrote:
I’ve heard from a strength coach a way of improving the bench off the chest which apparently has helped people add 50 lbs to their bench in 3 weeks…

He said to take half your BW on the bar and hold it at chest level, resisting it for 5 minutes…then to take 100% of your BW and hold it at chest level for 3 minutes. This seems like it would be pointless for inproving the actually strength off the chest if you ask me…it sounds like merely a static endurance exercise.

Anyone heard of this? And do you think it’s BS or is there actually something to it?[/quote]

BS[/quote]

that’s what I said.

[quote]Chap Manly wrote:

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Chap Manly wrote:

BS[/quote]

that’s what I said.[/quote]

That probably the most ritarded thing Ive ever heard