Improve Quickness & Agility

I’m on my surge probably like most of you ppl :slight_smile: to be as best possible :slight_smile:
Now I’m pro athlete playing pro bball…The Problem: Sometimes i feel like my legs are too slow or too slow to change direction of course fatigue is one of problems but other thing is like I’m too stiff while doing those specific movements and my reaction time is hurt…
I want to progress in agility and quickness because i know my numbers are very good for guy of my size…

Here is my numbers:

• Max Squat 3x1 200kg 440lb talking about legit squat, Deadlift 210kg - 462lb, Bench Press 150kg - 330lb, Max Power Clean 135kg - 297lb, Max Power Snatch 100kg - 220lb, 40yd dash: 4.55s, 18yd shuttle test 4.33s; Wingspan:208cm - 6’10ft
    Of course I’m doing SAQ, and sport specific agility and conditioning workouts, but I seem to be bothered by small things… Now how to say this in folks terminology like my small motor units are too stupid :smiley:

Next offseason I was planing to do ressistance band traning (never did it) and to have that special focus on ECCENTRIC and ecc - con part to stimulate FTF… and to hit those low back, hammies & glutes to bring it on other level because I feel it lacking on my hips and quads and abdominal muscles… frontal line divided my front is stronger than back…

---- Got advice to take Winstrol because good results for athlete on speed agility & quickness but infamous for joint pain… I DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT STEROIDS, NEVER USED IT only HEARD AVERAGE JOE STORIES… Just I was reading about it and learning during the Kinesiology studies but never went into depth…

I’m not here to troll, just to speak with guys/girls that know better about winnie and other roids that can help improve
Give me advice, personal xp, name some quailty book on how to use roids, dosage what are side eff -benefits etc…
Any help is welcome,
Thanks !!!

Did you ever try plyometrics?

I would leave the juice alone for now and incorporate speed training with bands. It will make you explosive as hell. If you are indeed a pro ball player call westside barbell (the will be happy you called) they work with a ton of pro athletes and speed work w/bands will be the first thing they start you on. I think Louie has a ton of vid’s on youtube talking and showing speed/agility training with bands and how to incorporate them.

You could also go to any REAL powerlifting gym in your area and get shown how to perform all the various speed lifts if you wanted to stay in house.

[quote]dylan111557 wrote:
Did you ever try plyometrics? [/quote]

Brother I was high jumper … Jumping easily over 1.16m hurdles in row … Just forgot to write all the stuff.

[quote]tattoo’d’popeye wrote:
I would leave the juice alone for now and incorporate speed training with bands. It will make you explosive as hell. If you are indeed a pro ball player call westside barbell (the will be happy you called) they work with a ton of pro athletes and speed work w/bands will be the first thing they start you on. I think Louie has a ton of vid’s on youtube talking and showing speed/agility training with bands and how to incorporate them.

You could also go to any REAL powerlifting gym in your area and get shown how to perform all the various speed lifts if you wanted to stay in house. [/quote]

Thanks for reply and advice…Forgot to leave info on my leverage :smiley:
6"8H and 227lb W ; BF: 10%

Will try my best with bands, eccentrics and heavy ass lifts to hit that FTF …

[quote]Quickness1 wrote:

You could also go to any REAL powerlifting gym in your area and get shown how to perform all the various speed lifts if you wanted to stay in house. [/quote]

Will try my best with bands, eccentrics and heavy ass lifts to hit that FTF …[/quote]

The guys who are 6’8 usually aren’t too quick :wink: I mean, if you are high jump master, plyometrics pro and all that, what else could you do? Besides get coached by people who actually know what they are doing. What team you play for?

[quote]Quickness1 wrote:

Will try my best with bands, eccentrics and heavy ass lifts to hit that FTF …[/quote]

The guys who are 6’8 usually aren’t too quick :wink: I mean, if you are high jump master, plyometrics pro and all that, what else could you do? Besides get coached by people who actually know what they are doing. What team you play for?
[/quote]

Why don’t you just ask him his name also, so you can just ruin his career?

[/quote
hehe nice one brother, I’m here for info not to troll :slight_smile:
There is so much to improve :slight_smile:
Hopefully I will get some good info,

I would suggest doing something explosive before you lift. For example some box jumps or short sprints. Incorporate some explosive lifts as well (hang clean, power clean). Also get that posterior chain strong.

Yeah, if you are really a professional basketball player, taking steroids isn’t a great idea…

Yeah, if you are really a professional basketball player, taking steroids isn’t a great idea…[/quote]
Never did… but most of those people get away with it, I’m not into it… I’m here to learn something hopefully in discusion … :slight_smile:
Not here to go with Roids…
Ofc take roids and get random test that means ban …
Just give thoughts about training if you have xp …
Thanks!

[quote]niksamaras wrote:

[quote]Quickness1 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Banned for what? It’s not against NBA or NCAA rules to talk about steroids. But alright man. And I won’t be the one ruining his career, steroids would. If you are looking on the tnation steroid board for advice on how to train for pro bball how would anyone here know? If you were pro isn’t there trainers and coaches to help you achieving more quickness? I’m not in the pro bball league so I don’t know, but it seems there would be

[quote]Quickness1 wrote:

Skip any eccentrics, for sure, and if you’re lifting heavy for speed don’t go so heavy that you’re grinding any reps. You want to be crushing everything.

I’m surprised to hear that as a pro athlete you don’t have better training and supplementation advice available than tnation. Don’t you guys get the good shit? It never hurts to get multiple opinions though, I guess.

Anyway, how long does test suspension take to clear, a few days? Everything else, winstrol included, will be detectable for weeks and months after cessation. If you can handle some (apparently) ferocious injection pain than you might start with test suspension. And tell your team’s trainer that you need to be faster.

Banned for what? It’s not against NBA or NCAA rules to talk about steroids. But alright man. And I won’t be the one ruining his career, steroids would. If you are looking on the tnation steroid board for advice on how to train for pro bball how would anyone here know? If you were pro isn’t there trainers and coaches to help you achieving more quickness? I’m not in the pro bball league so I don’t know, but it seems there would be[/quote]

Please stop talking

Look into getting some advice/ movement assesments from Dr Michael Yessis or James “the thinker” Smith.

Also try some Biotest supps like MAG-10 or Plazma they will massively improve recovery if you decide to do extra workouts and totally non hormonal

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Also try some Biotest supps like MAG-10 or Plazma they will massively improve recovery if you decide to do extra workouts and totally non hormonal[/quote]
I think he’s passed a new protein doing much good.

You really don’t train in the weight room for quickness and agility. Big mistake for a number of upcoming players. Weights help you gain weight and general strength. The number one way to improve quickness is to practice the specific movement. Often times you’ll see people that are slow doing everything but quick as hell doing their “move” that’s because they do it all the time. When you get to the point you dont’ have to think about it, you will be quicker then your defender.

Weights will also slow down your leg quickness, the only way to really counter that is to work in a high rep range.

The best way to increase feet quickness is to spend an offseason doing a ton of soccer drills. That will prepare you for all kinds of lateral, forward, diagonal moves. The second best way is a drill ( I forget the name) many coaches use where you get into an athletic position, stutter your feet up and down staying on your toes they point left you go left stutter, right, jump, jump to the floor. It may even be in insanity workout which now that I think about it probably wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

Either way nothing beats repeating game time moves and playing

[quote]Airtruth wrote:
You really don’t train in the weight room for quickness and agility. Big mistake for a number of upcoming players. Weights help you gain weight and general strength. The number one way to improve quickness is to practice the specific movement. Often times you’ll see people that are slow doing everything but quick as hell doing their “move” that’s because they do it all the time. When you get to the point you dont’ have to think about it, you will be quicker then your defender.

Weights will also slow down your leg quickness, the only way to really counter that is to work in a high rep range.

The best way to increase feet quickness is to spend an offseason doing a ton of soccer drills. That will prepare you for all kinds of lateral, forward, diagonal moves. The second best way is a drill ( I forget the name) many coaches use where you get into an athletic position, stutter your feet up and down staying on your toes they point left you go left stutter, right, jump, jump to the floor. It may even be in insanity workout which now that I think about it probably wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

Either way nothing beats repeating game time moves and playing[/quote]

Too much crap in this post. I stopped at “Weights will also slow down your leg quickness”.

[quote]Quickness1 wrote:
I’m on my surge probably like most of you ppl :slight_smile: to be as best possible :slight_smile:
Now I’m pro athlete playing pro bball…The Problem: Sometimes i feel like my legs are too slow or too slow to change direction of course fatigue is one of problems but other thing is like I’m too stiff while doing those specific movements and my reaction time is hurt…
I want to progress in agility and quickness because i know my numbers are very good for guy of my size…

Here is my numbers:

• Max Squat 3x1 200kg 440lb talking about legit squat, Deadlift 210kg - 462lb, Bench Press 150kg - 330lb, Max Power Clean 135kg - 297lb, Max Power Snatch 100kg - 220lb, 40yd dash: 4.55s, 18yd shuttle test 4.33s; Wingspan:208cm - 6’10ft
    Of course I’m doing SAQ, and sport specific agility and conditioning workouts, but I seem to be bothered by small things… Now how to say this in folks terminology like my small motor units are too stupid :smiley:

Next offseason I was planing to do ressistance band traning (never did it) and to have that special focus on ECCENTRIC and ecc - con part to stimulate FTF… and to hit those low back, hammies & glutes to bring it on other level because I feel it lacking on my hips and quads and abdominal muscles… frontal line divided my front is stronger than back…

---- Got advice to take Winstrol because good results for athlete on speed agility & quickness but infamous for joint pain… I DONT KNOW A THING ABOUT STEROIDS, NEVER USED IT only HEARD AVERAGE JOE STORIES… Just I was reading about it and learning during the Kinesiology studies but never went into depth…

I’m not here to troll, just to speak with guys/girls that know better about winnie and other roids that can help improve
Give me advice, personal xp, name some quailty book on how to use roids, dosage what are side eff -benefits etc…
Any help is welcome,
Thanks !!!

[/quote]

How much do you weight? at a wingspan of over 2m, I am guessing something like 110-115kg? Increase your squat. Increse your strength generally. That should do the trick. Now, if you are fixated on steroids (I would be), use short estered one, with low detection times. Test prop,dbol,winstrol,HGH and insulin are work really well. If you decide to use, make sure that you won’t be tested for at least 2 months. 3-4 weeks for the length of your cycle, and another 3-4 weeks for the drugs aforementioned to clear your system and be undetected. Hope I helped you.

[/quote]

How much do you weight? at a wingspan of over 2m, I am guessing something like 110-115kg? Increase your squat. Increse your strength generally. That should do the trick. Now, if you are fixated on steroids (I would be), use short estered one, with low detection times. Test prop,dbol,winstrol,HGH and insulin are work really well. If you decide to use, make sure that you won’t be tested for at least 2 months. 3-4 weeks for the length of your cycle, and another 3-4 weeks for the drugs aforementioned to clear your system and be undetected. Hope I helped you.
[/quote]
103kg, I will hit the iron, informative post! THX!