Improve Overhead Press

What is the fastest way to improve the overhead press with three sessions a week avalible? I am currently thinking of using handstand push-ups, push-presses, and dumbbell presses with overhead walks thrown in.

CT wrote up something on this in one of his past Primetime’s. It was like OH pressing 3x a week. I have it written down somewhere I can’t be exact but off the top of my head it was something like this::

Day 1::

Triple menace press
(meaning strict OH press for a heavy triple, push press to a heavy triple, push jerk to heavy triple)

Seated Dumbbell OH Press 5x10

Day 2::

Strict OH press (med. intensity) 5x5
Snatch Grip Press 3x4-6
Reverse grip Military Press 3x12

Day 3::

Seated OH Press 10x1
–(barbell with your 3r max from day 1 in the strict press)

OH Support in Rack 5x10-15seconds

If I were you i’d add in handstand pushups on paralletes somewhere.

[quote]Xen Nova wrote:
CT wrote up something on this in one of his past Primetime’s. It was like OH pressing 3x a week. I have it written down somewhere I can’t be exact but off the top of my head it was something like this::

Day 1::

Triple menace press
(meaning strict OH press for a heavy triple, push press to a heavy triple, push jerk to heavy triple)

Seated Dumbbell OH Press 5x10

Day 2::

Strict OH press (med. intensity) 5x5
Snatch Grip Press 3x4-6
Reverse grip Military Press 3x12

Day 3::

Seated OH Press 10x1
–(barbell with your 3r max from day 1 in the strict press)

OH Support in Rack 5x10-15seconds

If I were you i’d add in handstand pushups on paralletes somewhere.

[/quote]

Pretty close Xen, but on the triple menace press you do sets of 5’s, and that is it for that day. I think that CT posted the workout on 8/14.
Good luck
Will42

[quote]Will42 wrote:

Pretty close Xen, but on the triple menace press you do sets of 5’s, and that is it for that day. I think that CT posted the workout on 8/14.
Good luck
Will42
[/quote]

Thanks will!