Improper Usage in Gym is a Nuisance

I could care less about improper usage in the gym. Frankly it should give you a good laugh here and there. It does piss me off when there’s someone doing curls in the squat rack or situps on the bench press and I need to use either or. But hey, fuck me, get rich and build your own gym.

[quote]brauny96 wrote:
Ya know quit bitchin about dumb shit like this… all of us. We need to realize that people also pay a membership and are entitiled to use the equipment, theres no law against it. If you need to squat or use the equipmtne that theyre using, then ask them how many more sets they got and live with it. not everyone on the planet of muscle and fitness wants to so the same shit we do.[/quote]

This is a stupid ass response. People need to be a little considerate to others that are actually using the equipment for its intended purpose. My gym has a whole set of set weight “curling bars” ranging from 30 all the way up to 110 lbs. There is no reason for someone to be curling in the squat rack with one of the olympic bars unless 110lbs isn’t enough for them. The same goes for dudes shrugging 135lbs in the power rack. Just go do it out of the rack somewhere, if you cant deadlift the 135 up then you dont need to be doing shrugs.

Occasionally i’ll be doing something like inverted rows in a squat rack or split squats using one of the benches, but if someone comes up and wants to use one of these for their intented purposes i’ll gladly find some other way of doing what i was doing.

Here’s an idea. Get really big so when you walk over to them while they’re curling in the rack, they go “oh! umm you need to use this man? yeah I’m about done yeah sorry”

That seems to work

Ok…I’m sooo sorry, guess I should have been specific about the fact that It frustrates me when I wanna bennch or squat, but someone else is using the equipment for something else. If I don’t wanna use it, then I don’t care, but doing something else kind of cancels out even the possibility of workin in with someone. It pisses me off, I really don’t care if it pisses you off or not. I’m just posting to post.

[quote]ZIBO619 wrote:
I think you should’ve posted on the Curling In The Squat Rack thread more people would’ve been sympathetic[/quote]

Hahaha I think ur right…I’ll keep an eye out for that.

Ok last post on this thread, before someone tries to rip me a new one…I’ll never forget the time I was at this one gym where this dude was doing squats with about 135 lbs or so…big dude comes over and says can I work in? smaller guy says sure man (feelin good that this big dude wants to work in with him), big dude picks up bar and starts curlin.

[quote]thr_wedge wrote:
goldfingers24 wrote:
Ok let me begin by saying I’m one to rarely complain, but I’m finding more and more people in the last three gyms I’ve atteneded to use weight equipment for exercises other than their intents and purposes. Alright so example…always I mean always, I will find people occupying the squat rack who are doing something other than squats( I could understand deadlifts), but curls?..arm curls cmon man, wasting precious space.

Example 2… 2 guys today were using the bench press bars to do curls and standing over top the bench. I really hate sounding like a complainer, but I mean cmon, if you’re not gonna bench or squat, then use something else. Alright well that’s all I got for right now…I’ll probably be back.

I assume that they were using equipment that you needed to use right at that moment? I find it easier to go ask if I can work in or how many sets they have left if I need to use the equipment instead of complaining on the internet. If you don’t need to use said equipment, who cares and quit whining.
[/quote]

Complaining on the internet is perfectly justified since it informs people what is proper ettiquete in the gym.

If you’re going to be curling in the squat rack, there better be atleast 45’s on the damned bar.

The most people who are complaining don’t have the balls to just communicate with people. I had the same discussion on an other board. If you don’t like something, start talking or confronting. Some people are just communicative impaired.

I was on my last set of back thickness the other day and i wanted to get on the seated cable row, and i asked this angry dwarf lesbian chick if i could work in with her between sets and she said no and growled at me like a little rabid bulldog with pit stains

Confession: I curl the bar in the power rack just because I can. Knowing that it pisses off all the “hardcore” lifters like you guys puts a smile on my face.

I can understand, yesterday I went to do some light work since I just got over being sick. I saw my gym recently got a foam roller and thought it would be good to do some rolling and loosen up since I had been stiff from being sick. When I was done, someone asked me if they could use it to support their head like a pillow while doing crunches. Oh brother.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
I was on my last set of back thickness the other day and i wanted to get on the seated cable row, and i asked this angry dwarf lesbian chick if i could work in with her between sets and she said no and growled at me like a little rabid bulldog with pit stains[/quote]

WAS IT BUCKEYE GIRL? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

dumbbell stuff on the barbell benches.

doing little forearm exercises with the barbell on the barbell benches.

doing anything but barbell decline bench on the lone barbell decline bench press bench.

using the assisted pull up machine for leg push down things. jesus christ this is really, really dumb. you stand on the thing to get yourself up to the little lever that moves up and down, but instead of getting on the lever that helps you up and down and doing pullups, you grab the pull up bar and stabilize yourself as you use one leg to push the lever down over and over.

[quote]dankid wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:
I was on my last set of back thickness the other day and i wanted to get on the seated cable row, and i asked this angry dwarf lesbian chick if i could work in with her between sets and she said no and growled at me like a little rabid bulldog with pit stains

WAS IT BUCKEYE GIRL? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[1]

Shouldn’t you be off calculating band tension so you can finally get that 250 lb bench you’ve been chasing for so many years?

1. /quote ↩︎

[quote]dankid wrote:
The same goes for dudes shrugging 135lbs in the power rack. Just go do it out of the rack somewhere, if you cant deadlift the 135 up then you dont need to be doing shrugs.
[/quote]

I shrug with 315. Ill be damned if I have to deadlift 315 off the floor when I already deadlifted 450+ previously. If people want to get there yoke on with 135 in the squat rack let them.

[quote]ron-e wrote:
dankid wrote:
The same goes for dudes shrugging 135lbs in the power rack. Just go do it out of the rack somewhere, if you cant deadlift the 135 up then you dont need to be doing shrugs.

I shrug with 315. Ill be damned if I have to deadlift 315 off the floor when I already deadlifted 450+ previously. If people want to get there yoke on with 135 in the squat rack let them. [/quote]

You’re not supposed to shrug in the rack? WTF? I can shrug more than I can pull from the floor. That would really suck if I couldn’t start in the rack.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:
ron-e wrote:
dankid wrote:

I shrug with 315. Ill be damned if I have to deadlift 315 off the floor when I already deadlifted 450+ previously. If people want to get there yoke on with 135 in the squat rack let them.

You’re not supposed to shrug in the rack? WTF? I can shrug more than I can pull from the floor. That would really suck if I couldn’t start in the rack.[/quote]

thats cool bro.

edit: sorry I miss read your post. I bet nobody will tell Matt Kroc that he cant shrug in the rack if he was in there gym. I really hate it when ignorant people say you cant so this or that in the rack. If no one is using the fucking rack do what you please.

[quote]ron-e wrote:
countingbeans wrote:
ron-e wrote:
dankid wrote:

You’re not supposed to shrug in the rack? WTF? I can shrug more than I can pull from the floor. That would really suck if I couldn’t start in the rack.

thats cool bro.

edit: sorry I miss read your post. I bet nobody will tell Matt Kroc that he cant shrug in the rack if he was in there gym. I really hate it when ignorant people say you cant so this or that in the rack. If no one is using the fucking rack do what you please. [/quote]

I didn’t say you should shrug in a rack, or you shouldn’t shrug a weight that you cant deadlift from the floor. But if you have to do shrugs in rack with 135, then you shouldn’t even be doing shrugs. And if you are curling an empty bar, or even a bar with 25’s on it and your gym has designated bars for this, you are a moron.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
dankid wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:

WAS IT BUCKEYE GIRL? ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Shouldn’t you be off calculating band tension so you can finally get that 250 lb bench you’ve been chasing for so many years?[/quote]

What are your numbers. Surely you are able to bench 500, deadlift 800 and squat 1000. Otherwise you wouldn’t be talking so much crap. Oh wait, if you had those kind of numbers or any real strength you wouldn’t be on this forum at all. So what are your numbers.