Improper rack position on front squats?

I’m running 5/3/1 for powerlifting, and I’ve chosen to alternate between back and front squats each cycle. I’ve noticed my back squat increasing by training the front squats as a strength movement.

I use a clean grip when training front squats, racking the bar on my delts/in the groove of my clavicle and keeping my elbows up. When first training this movement heavy, I noticed my entire collarbone would be sore the next day. However, as I’ve adapted to the rack position, I now notice that only my right delt/collarbone side is bruising.

Does this indicate an imbalanced positioning of the bar?

Your skeletal structure is shifting and morphing to accommodate the weighted bar…

The bar should be inbetween your anterior deltoids and the base of your throat. The bar should be on top of meat, not bone.

The bar doesn’t rest on bone alone. It’s primarily on the deltoids, but the gap between the collarbone and throat offers a nice groove on which I can stabilize the bar.

[quote]Grillmister wrote:
The bar doesn’t rest on bone alone. It’s primarily on the deltoids, but the gap between the collarbone and throat offers a nice groove on which I can stabilize the bar. [/quote]

This is where I rack the bar too. When I had this problem, it was a combination of my elbow dropping lower than the other at some point or it was turned in/out differently than the other one. I would just pay attention to my elbow location during warm up sets and it eventually fixed itself.

video yourself if you can. from the front. you might be able to figure out what is going on.