Impromptu Forum With TC

Any info on when the new Methoxy-7 will be available?

Mike K,

My program is free-wheeling right now. It’s weird but I’ve studied at “the feet” of so many masters that my techniques are similar to all of theirs in some way but totally dissimilar in others.

It’s a hybrid of sorts.

Regardless, I start every workout at the power rack with either squats, front squats, power cleans, overhead presses, dead lifts, or partial deads.

I’m a tall bastard so I have a leverage advantage in deads but little else. I rarely squat over 350 anymore because of a total lack of cartilage in my knee, but I often use very slow tempos to make up for any reductions in load.

Ever since I tore my pec, I’ve fallen out of love with really heavy weights and instead concentrate on moderately heavy stuff and using various techniques to make the weight feel a lot heavier.

As far as education, BA in English Language and Lit, BS in Microbiology, credits towards a Masters in both areas, and minors in virtually all the Trivial Pursuit categories.

dylan5150,

“Was HMB really as good as deca?”

Smart ass.

You know, though, I probably am responsible for that damn slogan. Here’s how it happened:

When I was EAS, I saw a fax by the fax machine about HMB that Bill had just sent to Dan Duchaine. Pencilled in the margin were the words, “This stuff feels like deca!”

Now you have to believe me when I say that at that point I hadn’t tried HMB, so I said to Bill, “Why don’t you make that the slogan for HMB?”

The rest, as they say, is history. A black, sordid history, but history nonetheless.

What new supps are in the pipeline? Ha! Wouldn’t you like to know? Actually, there are a number of them. Tim and Bill Roberts have been working their asses off and all I’ll tell you right now that our warehouse–at this very moment–is filled with the first production runs of two or three completely new things.

Jodgey,

I’ve known Tim since about 1995 or so. He used to come into EAS with Dr. Mike Leahy when Bill and I were getting ART treatments.

Tim was this great unassuming guy who I thought all along was Mike Leahy’s subordinate. I didn’t know until a couple of years later that Tim was Mike’s partner in their ART clinic in Colorado Springs!

We maintained a phone relationship for a couple of years and in 1997, just as things were starting to get really rotten at EAS and MM2K, Tim started asking me questions about starting a magazine.

He’d always been interested in the field–always been a part of the field since he was Arthur Jones’ right-hand man–and he just wanted to get knee-deep in it and be one of the first to run a magazine and supplement company with integrity.

As soon as he told me that he had secured the rights to the name, Testosterone, he had me. Hell, he had me at “hello.”

Invinciblehero,

What other interesting facts are in my background?

The list of jobs I’ve had can fill an entire page of a legal pad, from armored car guard, factory worker at Ford Motor Company, writer of manuals on how to take apart cruise missiles, to even (make fun of me all you want) a male model.

I was also recently widowed. I was married to the woman who played “Weezy” on The Jeffersons television show.

Hey TC, what does your daily supplement regimen look like now?

[quote]Atomic Dog wrote:
The list of jobs I’ve had can fill an entire page of a legal pad[/quote]

You sound like me. I’ve been damn near everything, from a pastry chef to a defense contractor. I was even a professional astrologer for a while.

So here’s a question for you: you’ve written a lot of articles about sex and sexuality. Is there any such article that stands out in your mind which you’ve never gotten around to writing, but feel like someone really ought to write?

Hey TC,

Next time you are at a board meeting with Tim why don’t you suggest a Biotest distribution center in Canada? With border problems and huge shipping, I can only experience the website experience of T-Nation. A modest Canadian distribution warehouse would solve all the problems for me and increase sales for you. So, is it a go or what?

TC, what do you think about the developing possibility of gene doping. I am sure you read the article in Scientific American about the experimental compounds for producing excessive intramuscular IGF-1, I am all hot and horny about it. I will just have to find some old folks and yank their stash.

Springcoil,

I would rec. the Body for Life program. It is a 12 week program designed by Bill Phillips. Many people have changed their life by following it. The best part of the program is that you might win a car! In addition, most of the previous winners now have jobs writing for Muscle Media. T.C. used to write for them, but he was forced out to make room in the mag. for these experts. Can you imagine the qualifications these people must have if TC couldn’t hang with them. I particularly loved the Porter Freeman article, Fat,Drunk and Stupid is No Way to Go Through Life. True inspiration, if I do say so.

Stay tuned for the No Holds Barred Interview with Bill “feels like Deca” Phillips for more information on the program. Bill will also discuss his lesser known program, How to Turn Your Back on the People that Helped Make you a Success, and Make Millions in the Process. In addition, his brother Shawn will talk about his new book, Nepotism. In addition, he will discuss how to get abs like his (a link to Bruce Nadler’s web-site will be provided).

Seriously, T.C., always enjoy your articles, MM lost its soul once you left. T-Nation has done a great job since the gauntlet was passed. Take care. Consider the above my opening salvo for the help wanted post.

Ryan

TC,

I’ve got to have hernia surgery. Its not very serious, and therefore, I have to wait about two months to have it fixed unless there are cancellations. Anyways, I’m not going to be able to lift normal for a long time.

Could you direct me to any articles, programs, or whatever to keep me from morphing into a skinny-fat jackass?

Thanks!

TC, what are you wearing, er, sorry wrong forum, I mean we usually bug CS about this, but what goodies does Biotest have planned down the road?

Clark Call,

Well, Surge, Power Drive, ZMA, and Grow! are used all the time, and I’m currently also using Red Bands and Alpha Male.

I don’t use all Biotest supps concurrently; I pick and choose depending on the time of year and what my goals are.

Loved MAG-10, love 4-AD-EC, but I only use those when my “house is in order” (when I’m committed to eating and training 100% correctly). (Of course, as mentioned, I also use MAG-10 or 4-AD-EC when I’m doing my version of a “fat fast” diet.)

Non-Biotest stuff includes fish oil, flax oil, and glucosamine,

CDarklock,

What articles have I always felt like writing? Hmm. It’s always tough because when I write something serious, there are certain readers that are disappointed because I didn’t write something funny, or inspirational, or informative. As such, it’s always a juggling act.

I’d love to write something about politics in America, but I know for sure that 50% of readers would never log on T-Nation again. That’s really too bad. It doesn’t have to be like that.

I’d also like to do a serial novel on the site, kind of like the old-time newsstand mags used to do a century ago.

bmf_inc,

A Biotest shipping center in Canada?

If only it were that easy. Trouble is, many of the ingredients in Biotest supplements aren’t approved by your version of the FDA.

We’d have to produce “gutless” supplements for the Canadians and then when we came up to visit we’d awaken to find a moosehead in our bed.

drryan,

Funny stuff!

I feel compelled to say, though, that Shawn Phillips was actually a pretty good guy. One of the few “human beings” at EAS.

And thanks much for the compliments. I really appreciate them.

mb1021,

Obviously I don’t know your situation, but I would move heaven and hell or whatever it took to get someone else to do the surgery pronto.

There isn’t an insurance company or HMO alive that would stand in my way.

If, however, it’s impossible to move that surgery up, then you’re just going to have to use light weights, avoid whole-body movements like squats and such (obviously) and make the best of it.

And, personally, times like that are when I’d use stuff like 4-AD-EC or illegal androgens to help me “make it over the hump.”

TC:

I first got to know you as a MM2K writer, and I always enjoyed your work. Then you just disappeared (about the time that guy showed up on the cover all painted gold, as I recall). I felt like I knew ya, man! I found this site several months ago after running an Internet search of your name during a dull moment at work (sometimes I’ll just run a search on something/someone when the thought randomly parks itself in my head). Most life-changing search I ever did. Anyway, what ever happened with you and MM? Also, when is Biotest going to throw a “T-gathering”? What a way to promote the company (hint, hint)!

TC, I had little knowledge of your background and interaction with Tim. So, Tim was one of the guys who started ART?

And, a little on the philosophical side, what are your thoughts on people using supplements for anything and everything.

thanks,

G

What is your favorite part or one-liner in “Pumping Iron”? (I just watched it for the first time yesterday.)

Also what are your current stats (body composition and max lifts)?

Great article.

RIT JARED