Impressive One-Arm Pull-Ups Video

Pretty impressive, no?

Goddamn. I wonder how many regular pullups he can do? It’s got to be at least 25 or something.

I love that he switched sides midway through. That just blew the roof off.

I get the sneaking suspicion that he’s a gymnast for some odd reason…

[quote]rmccart1 wrote:
Goddamn. I wonder how many regular pullups he can do? It’s got to be at least 25 or something.[/quote]

I think it would definitely be more than 25, I did 19 regular ones a little while ago and I don’t think I could do 1 of those.

Consecutive regular pullups can’t help you for the one arm version, because they don’t train your maximal strength after one moment, so corelation between pullups and OAP is indeterminate. You need special attention to the biceps, the shoulder, grip, maintaining body position. Weighted pullups and negative one arm pullups did the trick for me.

And this guy is great. Here’s another one of him:

http://www.drillsandskills.com/video/display?path=onearmrope.mpg

His chin didn’t get over the bar on any of those reps.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
His chin didn’t get over the bar on any of those reps.[/quote]

Why don’t you show us how it should be done? The guy is the video is unbelievably strong, anyone who has ever tired this will have nothing but respect for him!

Try holding yourself in the top postion of a chin with one hand and you will soon realise exactly how strong you need to be achieve a 1 arm chin. Until then keep your uneducated comments to yourself!

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Maybe, but I think it is still really impressive. Must be a gymnast…look at what he is using to do the pull ups.

[quote]malonetd wrote:

I hope you’re saying this just to see how many people will react negatively to this like when people criticized Kroc pullups and Kroc rows. Haha…

[quote]undeadlift wrote:
malonetd wrote:

I hope you’re saying this just to see how many people will react negatively to this like when people criticized Kroc pullups and Kroc rows. Haha…[/quote]

It was sarcasm people. At least someone remembers:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1564347

The funny thing is there will people so pissed at what I typed that they won’t even read beyond that post and will immediately fire back at me.

very impressive, but also check out this vid:

fewer reps on one-arms, but his reps are better as he gets his chin well above on each rep. very skinny, but low bodyweight helps a lot with pullups of any kind

Hi, Tagio, welcome here.

I don’t agree with you.
The youtube guy is cool, but to excuse the difference between 1-2 and 8-9 one arm pullups with better form is ridiculous.

There was a kid in my weightlifting class in high school who could knock out sets of one arm pullups. Funny thing is he partied a lot, smoked a lot of weed and never really lifted. Yet, he could do a lot of one arm pullups- go figure.

low muscle mass in the legs is the secret.

Funny, i know lots of people with skinny legs who cannot do on a one arm. Rather the secret is hard work over a long period. It will take someone who can chin BW+50% between 12-18 months hard training to get a one arm chin.

This is pretty neat, but really to achieve this I would have to sacrifice a lot of other goals just to do this ‘neat’ thing.

I want to see a 220+ lb man do one arm pullups that would be a lot more impressive imo.

You got it, shizen :slight_smile:

Here is a video of Alexey Voevoda, russian armwrestler, 194 cm, 121 kg.

Look around 03:40 - 03:45 :slight_smile:

[quote]malonetd wrote:
undeadlift wrote:
malonetd wrote:

I hope you’re saying this just to see how many people will react negatively to this like when people criticized Kroc pullups and Kroc rows. Haha…

It was sarcasm people. At least someone remembers:

http://www.T-Nation.com/tmagnum/readTopic.do?id=1564347

The funny thing is there will people so pissed at what I typed that they won’t even read beyond that post and will immediately fire back at me.[/quote]

It’s ok, I remembered. And lol’d!!

[quote]sawadeekrob wrote:
low muscle mass in the legs is the secret.[/quote]

Really? kidding?

So you have massive legs? ok, just do one arm pull-ups and bring the vid! :wink:

[quote]malonetd wrote:

Awesome. He should train with Kroc.