Impressive Feat of Strength

Hey T-Nation. Quick poll. Which of the following do you feel is a more impressive feat of strength.

1. Deadlift 3x’s Bodyweight
  2. Squat 3x’s Bodyweight
  3. Bench 2x’s Bodyweight
  4. One Arm Chin
  5. One Arm Handstand Pushup
  6. Iron Cross Hold for 30 seconds on Rings

I realize these movements are harder for people of varying bodyweights but I would just like to get some opinions.

3x bodyweight squat.

Squat.

the one arm chinups

I’d have to go with the iron cross hold. Anyone who trains properly has a good chance of getting a double BW bench(though I admit I have trouble staying in the 300s).

They are all impressive, don’t get me wrong. I guess there is a modicum of skill required for the iron cross though, so if you’re talking pure strength, then one of the others would definitely take it. In that case I’d have to go with the 1 arm handstand pushup.

Would that be free-standing, or wall-supported?

3x below parallel squat

squat

I’d like to add one more exercise into the mix:

Doing a pistol with a 106 pound kettlebell

one arm hand stand pushup by far

A good left hook to the chin is pretty impressive.

Seriously though, you gave us the choice of 3 pure strength feats and 3 strength + skill feats. Why?

Anyway, I’ve got to go with the squat.

[quote]n3wb wrote:
one arm hand stand pushup by far [/quote]

If that’s not wall supported then that would also be my choice. Has anyone ever even seen someone complete this?

One Arm Handstand Pushup
because balance is involved
also, not just the strength.

[quote]carter12 wrote:
A good left hook to the chin is pretty impressive.

Seriously though, you gave us the choice of 3 pure strength feats and 3 strength + skill feats. Why?

Anyway, I’ve got to go with the squat.[/quote]

I thought that I would add in a good mix of things to consider. The reason is because I plan on competing in a tactical strength challenge. It consists of weighted pullups for reps, a max deadlift, and max # of snatches with both arms using a 70lb. kettlebell.

A good all around indicator of physical preparedness. I just wanted to know what T-Nation thought was a more impressive feat of strength, that’s all.

Depends on the person. Fat guy+ iron cross or handstand pushup= COOL. Fat guy+ big squat/bench= Seen it before.
You get the point.

Squat.

3x BW pulls are commons (long arms)
2x BW bench should be achieveable with a few years work (maybe 5-8)
3x BW squat = bad ass

As for the others… I don’t know!

I’d say either the 3x squat or the 30 sec iron cross. 30 seconds is a long fucking time to hold an iron cross, considering the competition standard is 2 seconds.

A one armed handstand pushup would be insane.

How about single finger handstand pushups?

[quote]Charlemagne wrote:
I thought that I would add in a good mix of things to consider. The reason is because I plan on competing in a tactical strength challenge. It consists of weighted pullups for reps, a max deadlift, and max # of snatches with both arms using a 70lb. kettlebell.

A good all around indicator of physical preparedness. I just wanted to know what T-Nation thought was a more impressive feat of strength, that’s all.
[/quote]

Oh, well, good luck brother!

Definetely 3xBW squat, if done no, no, no. That’s a pretty sick feat of strength.