Impressed with SURGE Workout Fuel

[quote]cousin_barry wrote:
Sounds like it is the real deal. A couple of questions:

1. Had you used the Surge Recovery before workouts prior to the introduction of the Surge Workout Fuel; and if so, is there a drastic difference?[/quote]

yes

[quote]cousin_barry wrote:
2) I am currently following a modified WSFSB program with the following splits:

M - ME Upper Body
T - DE Lower Body & HIIT (Sprinting)
W - Agility / Footwork Drills
Th - Repetition Upper Body
F - ME Lower Body
Sa - HIIT (Usually Crossfit Fight Gone Bad) / Moderate Cardio
Su - Off

My diet is low carb with the exception of the Surge Recovery after workouts. Would taking Surge Workout Fuel prior to my tough days (T & Sa) be beneficial, or would the increase in carbs on those days cause more harm than good?
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure that Surge Workout Fuel will be even more beneficial when following a low-carb diet.

Do all you people work for Biotest or something?

[quote]MrQ wrote:
Do all you people work for Biotest or something?[/quote]

No we just bought and tried the product prior to posting.

Hey all,

Thought I would give a little update on the Surge Workout Fuel… I have been using two-three servings a week and find the stuff to be magic. I only use it for the hardest workouts i.e. legs and for hockey games… The stuff works wonderfully for hockey games, keeps your energy levels up the entire time and I can finish the third periods with some pop in my skates.

I have started sipping it about thirty minutes before the game starts and I like to water it down more. For intense cardio, like sports activities, I think it it best to start drinking it thirty minutes beforehand, 15 minutes seems to delay the response a little.

Cheers!

Wanted to put a word in here about a cool combo I found…

I really like ‘Power Drive’ and use it for recovery. Lately I’ve been mixing it with the Surge PWF (Lemonade) and drinking it pre peri and post, and I’ve noticed a dramatic level of overall fatigue reduction.

Power Drive is targeted at CNS recovery and it seems like it does an even better job when stacked with the PWF.

Hey guys…just thought I’d throw my 2 .02 in here as well.

I started cutting with Surge Workout Fuel(first time I every tried the stuff).

Most people have to bring the weight down as they cut due to lack of energy. My weight has either stayed or gone up 5-10 lbs on most lifts.

It’s good stuff. I’ve been on it for about 2-3 months now, so any placebo effect is definately gone, and all that remains is results.

So I am a beginner that has just started to get into T-Nation and what Biotest has to offer. And in my ignorance, i’ve been drinking Surge Workout Fuel after my workouts (thinking it was a PWO drink), and taking a BCAA supplement before and during my workout.

I’ve ordered the Surge Recovery and it can’t come soon enough.

My question is, how much have been doing wrong, and it is really that bad that i drank the Surge Workout Fuel as a PWO drink.

[quote]minnowpark wrote:
So I am a beginner that has just started to get into T-Nation and what Biotest has to offer. And in my ignorance, i’ve been drinking Surge Workout Fuel after my workouts (thinking it was a PWO drink), and taking a BCAA supplement before and during my workout.

I’ve ordered the Surge Recovery and it can’t come soon enough.

My question is, how much have been doing wrong, and it is really that bad that i drank the Surge Workout Fuel as a PWO drink. [/quote]

Well, you certainly haven’t been getting the most from Surge Workout Fuel if you haven’t been drinking it before and during training as recommended.

Then again, you haven’t been causing yourself any harm, either.

second workout today whit SWF. I feel already less tired after my workouts. The taste is great and i find that it really increase my vascularity and pumps. Amazing product…i’m hooked !!!

Well you guys convinced me! I just bought the fruit punch…anybody want to comment on the energy effects and compare/contrast to a simple caffeine dose pre-WO? Is it a good idea to keep taking BCAAs pre/peri/post WO with Surge Workout Fuel?

[quote]phatkins187 wrote:
Well you guys convinced me! I just bought the fruit punch…anybody want to comment on the energy effects and compare/contrast to a simple caffeine dose pre-WO? Is it a good idea to keep taking BCAAs pre/peri/post WO with Surge Workout Fuel?[/quote]

For me i’m almost as energized as with other pre-workouts that contains caffeine when I take SWF. Im still taking BCAA but post workout only

Thanks dude…Thibs said 20-30g BCAA 30 min before workout, half a serving Surge Workout Fuel immediately before training, then finish the other half during the workout. Finish it off with a serving of Surge Recovery PWO. Sounds easy enough!

Thanks dude…Thibs said 20-30g BCAA 30 min before workout, half a serving Surge Workout Fuel immediately before training, then finish the other half during the workout. Finish it off with a serving of Surge Recovery PWO. Sounds easy enough![/quote]

Pretty easy indeed…BCAA helps a lot, I seriously saw a difference by adding some to my supps list!! Good luck!! seriously Surge Workout Fuel is awesome. I’ve tried almost all the pre-workout stuff out there…my second best after Surge is NO-Shotgun…To have a crazy pump I add Plasmajet with Surge Workout Fuel…unbelievable stack!!!

Thanks dude…Thibs said 20-30g BCAA 30 min before workout, half a serving Surge Workout Fuel immediately before training, then finish the other half during the workout. Finish it off with a serving of Surge Recovery PWO. Sounds easy enough![/quote]

So to be clear he said ONE serving. This is ONE SCOOP.

[quote]redgladiator wrote:
phatkins187 wrote:
Thanks dude…Thibs said 20-30g BCAA 30 min before workout, half a serving Surge Workout Fuel immediately before training, then finish the other half during the workout. Finish it off with a serving of Surge Recovery PWO. Sounds easy enough!

So to be clear he said ONE serving. This is ONE SCOOP.[/quote]

That’s what the label says. I didn’t get any more info…but here’s the reply I got in his thread:

30 MINUTES PRE-WORKOUT
20-30g BCAAs

IMMEDIATELY PRE-WORKOUT
1/2 serving Surge Workout Fuel

DURING WORKOUT

POST-WORKOUT
Surge Recovery

It’s recommended 1 scoop every half hour and if you can afford it another sipped post workout for half hour.

I’ve been using 2 scoops for 40 mins and I absolutely love it. I have a friend who recently started taking it, he does one scoop 15 mins before workout for the hour and he loves it too.
I might try one scoop and see how it goes.

If anything…you’ll save money. I’m gonna try and use it sparingly! Luckily I’m only lifting 3Xs a week so that’s 2 and a half months.

redgladiator wrote:
phatkins187 wrote:

That’s what the label says. I didn’t get any more info…but here’s the reply I got in his thread:

30 MINUTES PRE-WORKOUT
20-30g BCAAs

IMMEDIATELY PRE-WORKOUT

DURING WORKOUT

POST-WORKOUT
Surge Recovery [/quote]

redgladiator wrote:
phatkins187 wrote:

30 MINUTES PRE-WORKOUT
20-30g BCAAs

IMMEDIATELY PRE-WORKOUT

DURING WORKOUT

POST-WORKOUT
Surge Recovery [/quote]

Bottom line, it’s 30 minutes per scoop. Start sipping 15 minutes before working out, and finish the second scoop about 15 minutes before the end of your workout(granted the workout is about an hour). Then do the surge recov, like you said.

would it hurt to also use this with ripped fuel pills. those work great for me, but i want to try it with Surge Workout Fuel. would it alter results?