Impressed At the Gym Today

I do not get impressed when im in the gym very often; however, today was an exception. Today, there was a guy, average build, nothing impressive, about 5’10. This guy also only had one hand. I watched as he went over to the bench, stacked on 285, and sat down. Then he leaned back and cranked out about 6 reps with one hand and his nub on the bar.

Has anyone else every seen anything like this because I was blown away by this guys commitment and dedication.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
I do not get impressed when im in the gym very often; however, today was an exception. Today, there was a guy, average build, nothing impressive, about 5’10. This guy also only had one hand. I watched as he went over to the bench, stacked on 285, and sat down. Then he leaned back and cranked out about 6 reps with one hand and his nub on the bar.

Has anyone else every seen anything like this because I was blown away by this guys commitment and dedication.[/quote]

Iv seen that guy before. Hes a monster considering his size and handicap. Hell, Iv seen him get 10 with 275 before. Hes just plain strong, handicap or not.

what a beast

Haven’t seen anything like it.

Wish I have.

That’s awesome! I wish there were someone at my gym doing that- it would clear the air of estrogen and soy pollutants.

A guy at my gym has a muscular disease. Can only use one arm and has a pronounced limp. Takes him a few minutes to get across the gym. This guy pounds it out with dumbells and HS machines with his good arm and good leg. Solid 1 hr. workouts that would kill most of the sheep in the gym.

I watched him struggle one day to put a 60ib. dumbell away. I reached to help him and he told me to piss off. I gave him the “wtf I’m confused look”. We’ve since become more gym friends. I admire his determination greatly.

Yea I’ve seen that guy. He must have some brass balls to put that much weight on his nub and then press it over his face. I’d be afraid it’d slip off.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:

Has anyone else every seen anything like this because I was blown away by this guys commitment and dedication.[/quote]

I used to see him in Fike all the time. The dude has a sick bench! Oddly enough the barbell fits in perfectly into the wrist joint.

He is able to keep that bar perfectly balanced and even throughout the bench which is damn impressive as well. I’m surprised you hadn’t seen him in there before, he goes all the time.

There is a guy at my gym in a wheel chair that I’ve seen busting his ass doing benching and arm work. He manages to get out of his chair, onto the piece of equipment he’s using and crank out an impressive workout. A few times he’s asked me to put more weight on the bench for him so he dosen’t have to get up again.

Pretty motivating to watch him.

My HS gym teacher was (probably still is) a pretty strong dude for someone who was missing half of his right arm. He used to work out with us and had this sling he’d attach to his right arm that you could set dumbbells in so he could bench. He used pretty heavy weight.

He was also an excellent golfer, with a single-digit handicap.

[quote]Djwlfpack wrote:
My HS gym teacher was (probably still is) a pretty strong dude for someone who was missing half of his right arm. He used to work out with us and had this sling he’d attach to his right arm that you could set dumbbells in so he could bench. He used pretty heavy weight.

He was also an excellent golfer, with a single-digit handicap.[/quote]

He had one finger on his good arm?

Sorry, I couldn’t help it.

There is a guy at my gym in a wheelchair that trains hard and another guy with some sort of muscle disease that needs to use those crutches to walk. He trains hard and has enormous legs and it isn’t fat. Amazing that a guy that can hardly walk has legs that look like that.

Most of the other people at my gym train like pansies.

yeah the guy with one hand is surprisingly small looking for the amount he benches…even if he had two hands i would have been surprised at the amount he was benching

respect

“respekt”

• Ali G

‘wiket’

Makes you realize what a pussies we all can be when we bitch about little aches and pains and why we’re not lifting heavy today.

Mad respect.

S

I work out on an Army post and we’ve got guys in there with casts on or limping around with crutches because they were recently wounded and evac’ed from Iraq. They bust their ass in the gym - I love to see them in there, it provides a lot of perspective and motivates the hell out of me!

I also love to see the ladies doing an all out effort workout - with that intense look in their eyes as they squat or deadlift (no pink dumbells). It puts the big guys to shame who just come in the gym to dink around and talk on their cell phone.