T Nation

Important Info: Necrotizing Fasciitis

A lot of you guys will be aware of this (I Would not be surprised if Bushy or Contrl have once wrote a thesis on it!)

But this is new to me and I thought it was good info to share due to the nature of what we do (injecting ourselves regularly)

I was first made aware of Necrotizing fasciitis last year when a neighbour pricked his hand on a thorn in the garden and died from a resulting infection 7 days later.

I have just heard about a 30 yr old rugby local player that bruised his arm during the game (nothing major) but the bruise turned black and his arm became painful, on the Tuesday he went to the docs who rushed him to A&E who rushed him to theatre, where he died before they had chance to operate.

He died from the infection Necrotizing fasciitis, but the really scary thing here is that, his skin was not even broken.

I would just like to point out that this is very rare, but if you are injecting it’s good that you understand the early signs and symptoms and act fast just in case.

http://www.nnff.org/nnff_prevention.htm

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It always smells like sweaty socks to me. Macrophages tend to bring that smell when they decompose organic tissue.

I’ve had a few run-ins with patients suffering from CA-MRSA contracted in small forward medical units, or even ICUs. While it’s not precisely “worse” than strep A-induced necrosis, it can spread to all kinds of organs and tissues very very quickly. It’s difficult to fight it at that stage.

Modern medicine certainly isn’t helping in this endeavor either, what with the rampant prescribing of methicillins left and right for the most trivial “infections.” Papercuts don’t merit penicillin, but… try telling that to a guy who has to put up with nagging hypochondriacs.

See I told you they would be well clued up about it already!

Ah the flesh eating bacteria. Scary shit. People usually die in less than a day. Survivors often have some bodypart amputated.

Injecting a piece of metal in the body doesnt not instinctively seem like a good, healthy idea anyway. But I dont think it exposes AAS users to that bacteria. Otherwise they’re would be a lot of bodies in the morgues right now.

[quote]SwD wrote:
Ah the flesh eating bacteria. Scary shit. People usually die in less than a day. Survivors often have some bodypart amputated.

Injecting a piece of metal in the body doesnt not instinctively seem like a good, healthy idea anyway. But I dont think it exposes AAS users to that bacteria. Otherwise they’re would be a lot of bodies in the morgues right now. [/quote]

we are all exposed to that bacteria every day, as Bushy pointed out.

Like I said this is a very thing, but I also think it is fair to say that someone who injects on a regular basis is more at risk than some who does not, if not even very slighty, so it is worth being aware of it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.