Important Books

holidays are coming up and im looking to get some books to add to my collection. in everyones oppinion what are the best books on weightlifting??

also does anyone know where i can get anything on cluster training, other than CTs dvd?

Supertraining by Melf Siff

Science and Practice of Strength Training

Scrawny to Brawny

I have attempted to read books by Dr. Hatfield (a.k.a. Dr. Squat) He has several books on the science of power and PL as well as BB. There is a ton of good info in these books.

Most any book on weight training can be found on EBAY. I have personally found several good training books, for very little money.

Mostly, look for books written by people you have heard about and who are accredited, you will have better results. Good Luck…

[quote]Kal-El wrote:
I have attempted to read books by Dr. Hatfield (a.k.a. Dr. Squat) He has several books on the science of power and PL as well as BB. There is a ton of good info in these books.

Most any book on weight training can be found on EBAY. I have personally found several good training books, for very little money.

Mostly, look for books written by people you have heard about and who are accredited, you will have better results. Good Luck…[/quote]

good idea with ebay thanks

“Natural Hormonal Enhancement” by Rob Faigin. Its the best book I’ve read on health, fitness, and performance.

“Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival”. Can’t remember the authors but an incredible book on how important sleep and controlling insulin levels is to your total fitness.

“From the Ground UP” by The Dan John, need I say more? btw DJ said in an interview he re-reads “Lights Out” once a year.

arnold’s encyclopedia
anything by ellington darden

why not keep up with the latest trends and get a subscription to ironman or muscle and fitness?

ok, all kidding aside, some good mentions in this thread.

i’d like to add Ironmind: stronger bodies, stronger minds by strossen. good book that deals with an often overlooked element of training.

[quote]Rob_M wrote:
“Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival”. Can’t remember the authors.[/quote]

T.S Wiley. Good stuff

Muscle: The World’s Most Complete Guide to Building Your Body

by

Ian King and Lou Schuler