Importance of Compound Lifts?

hello, in new to this site , and fairly new to bodybuilding,the workout program that i am currently on is as follows…

mon.- chest,back
tue.- legs
wed.- bic, tri
thurs.- off
fri- chest, back

abs trained 4xweek.

also i rotate chest,back with bic,tri…every week

i dont do any compound workouts except for squats, dont do any deadlifts or any other workouts lie that… are these really important for bulking…

[quote]amenazaomar wrote:
hello, in new to this site , and fairly new to bodybuilding,the workout program that i am currently on is as follows…

mon.- chest,back
tue.- legs
wed.- bic, tri
thurs.- off
fri- chest, back

abs trained 4xweek.

also i rotate chest,back with bic,tri…every week

i dont do any compound workouts except for squats, dont do any deadlifts or any other workouts lie that… are these really important for bulking…

[/quote]

lol sorry man, ur not gonna get far with out doing compound movements. The best lifts are compound lifts, deads, all variations of bench press, dips, military press, rows…the list goes on and on.

I really dont see u adding much muscle at all if all you do are iso movements, especially if your seriously considering getting into bodybuilding. And as far as your split you have no shoulder work besides what you get with your chest day.

Do you take the time to read anything on this site before you posted?

yes they should be the base of your and any ones program. Most all lifts are compound using multiple muscles and joints. any pressing move, pulling/rowing, squatting, dLing, lunges, step ups, yada yada.

Why dont you read the beginner thread and use a quality program there. Also just read and educate yourself on the basics. come back with ?'s

Phill

[/quote]

yes

sorry, i forgot, sometimes i get the shoulders in with my leg workout , but i dont workout my shoulders too much because i have a bad shoulder…and in regards, to compound workouts,i did look around a bit, but did’nt find much info on what compound excercises are and what they do for you…

sorry, i forgot, sometimes i get the shoulders in with my leg workout , but i dont workout my shoulders too much because i have a bad shoulder…and in regards, to compound workouts,i did look around a bit, but did’nt find much info on what compound excercises are and what they do for you…[/quote]

Compound lift are any lift that use more than one muscle/joint.

Examples are: Squats, DeadLifts, Presses(Bench, OH, ect,), any kind of row, dips, lunges, pull-ups.

These are especially important for packing on muscle because they recruit way more muscle than isolated movements.
Basically, you get more bang for your buck.

what do you do for chest if your not doing compound exercises?

actually now that i did a little more reaserch, i realize i do use some compound excercises, so for chest i do flat bench press and incline bench press.sorry everybody

Compound Lifts = Bigger/Stronger Muscles

Compound Lifts = Good, do them

[quote]IronWarrior34 wrote:
Compound Lifts = Bigger/Stronger Muscles

Compound Lifts = Good, do them[/quote]

well said!

Let me make some arguments for compound exercises.

1. Most movement in the real-world involve multiple muscles groups and use multiple joints. You don’t pick up a bag of groceries, a child, a masonry block, or a 5 gallon water bottle by curling it. You get a good grip on it and use a good percent of your body. Your muscles and joints are designed to work in unison. When you do compound exercises you work your body as it was designed to function.

2. Compound exercises work a lot of muscle and allow you to move a lot of weight. What does it mean to get big and strong? Having a lot of muscle and being able to move a lot of weight!

3. I am personally focusing on compound exercises. While I am hardly big, I have had several people comment that I am getting buff. Even though I have not gotten the physique I want, I am putting on muscle and progressing in the right direction. The exercises that I am focusing on are: Squats, Deadlifts, Stepups, Standing Calf Raises, Bench Presses, Rows, Pullups, Dips, and Dumbell Shoulder Presses.

The only exercise on that list that is not a compound exercise is the Standing Calf Raises. In short I am doing basic, compound exercises and am growing. It is working for me and has worked for others.

1. Many of the worlds biggest, strongest, and fastest athletes do compound exercises. Do a web search and check out some photos of Franco Columbo. He was lean and muscular. Before getting into bodybuilding he was a Powerlifter.

It was the basic, compound movements of powerlifting that formed the foundation of his physique. How many elite football players do not squat? I would quess zero. Have you ever seen a powerlifter that is not muscular. All the big, strong guys (and gals!) on this website advocate compound exercises. All these big, strong people got that way focusing on basic, compound exercises.

Deadlift, squat, bench, row, shoulder press, pull-ups, lunges.

If you’re not doing some variant, you’re doing something wrong.

Just look at Dave Tate. He’s all the motivation I need for doing compound lifts!

Dave Tae said something like - “don’t do isolation movements until you can flex that muscle, you can’t flex bone, base your workouts on compounds.” He’s a big strong motherfucker. He can squat about 4x5 times what you probably weigh. Do compounds and isolations together my man