Importance of Breakfast?

Wondering what everyones thoughts on breakfast are since I’ve been haering the intermittent fasting hype. Low carb? Big meal? small meal? meat and nuts? or just skip the entire meal?

Yes, eat breakfast.

Setup a bulking diet and follow it.

Jesus christ. The variables that go into answering this are almost infinite.

[quote]therajraj wrote:
Yes, eat breakfast.

[/quote]

Why?

See. That’s my point.

I prefer not to. Fits my schedule better and i am normally not hungry until at least noon.

I wake up hungry, that’s all the factors I need :slight_smile:

S

[quote]gkeeper24 wrote:
I was just wondering what everyones personal opinions on the importance of breakfast. I personally must have meat nuts in the morninig with a cup of green tea 1-1.5 hours before training if I can. Though I have seen alot of recent studues showing that it isn’t as important as it was once thought to be. I am just looking to see what others do, because I know the mental clarity i get after a kick ass breakfast.[/quote]You’ve answered your own question.

I personally find breakfast to be an utter waste of time. IMO it completely goes against my physiology to eat first thing in the morning. Ive always hated it, but kept chugging down food relentlessly because I bought into the idea of it being the most important meal. Ive vomitted more times than I care to admit on the way to work because I forced down a breakfast my body really didnt want at the time. I feel like Ive been freed from an evil curse now that I dont eat breakfast. I feel more awake in the mornings. Less sleepy/drowsy in the afternoons and just generally better throughout the day.

I have absolutely no hunger in the first 1-2 hours of being awake, but when I get hungry all hell breaks loose.

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
I personally find breakfast to be an utter waste of time. IMO it completely goes against my physiology to eat first thing in the morning. Ive always hated it, but kept chugging down food relentlessly because I bought into the idea of it being the most important meal. Ive vomitted more times than I care to admit on the way to work because I forced down a breakfast my body really didnt want at the time. I feel like Ive been freed from an evil curse now that I dont eat breakfast. I feel more awake in the mornings. Less sleepy/drowsy in the afternoons and just generally better throughout the day.[/quote]

What I do when I have no hunger in the morning is force down a scoop of whey and then eat a proper meal an hour later.

I’m a IFer, NO BREAKFAST! :slight_smile: Like Bonez said… more variables than a calculus book

although, i do have a scoop of a whey & casein blend protein powder, as well as a multivitamin

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:
I personally find breakfast to be an utter waste of time. IMO it completely goes against my physiology to eat first thing in the morning. Ive always hated it, but kept chugging down food relentlessly because I bought into the idea of it being the most important meal. Ive vomitted more times than I care to admit on the way to work because I forced down a breakfast my body really didnt want at the time. I feel like Ive been freed from an evil curse now that I dont eat breakfast. I feel more awake in the mornings. Less sleepy/drowsy in the afternoons and just generally better throughout the day.[/quote]

What I do when I have no hunger in the morning is force down a scoop of whey and then eat a proper meal an hour later.[/quote]

Or, you could skip the whey and break the overnight fast whenever you do get hungry.

Cause as far as progress goes, it appears total kcals completely trumps timing of kcal intake.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

What I do when I have no hunger in the morning is force down a scoop of whey and then eat a proper meal an hour later.[/quote]

Or, you could skip the whey and break the overnight fast whenever you do get hungry.

Cause as far as progress goes, it appears total kcals completely trumps timing of kcal intake.
[/quote]

/thread.

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]

That’s definitely true.

I just don’t know how practical it would be to start intaking food at say 1pm or later if you require a hefty caloric intake.

I eat “breakfast”, but it takes me 2-3 hours to get hungry most mornings. I wake up at 6 every morning though so I’m usually eating before 9. I echo what the other poster said about forcing food down upon waking and feeling like shit. I personally think it’s important, but others skip it altogether and make killer progress so to each his own.

Personally, starting IF I haven’t eaten breakfast in 3 or 4 weeks now and I feel fine. When I come off IF fuck yes I’m going to eat the shit out of some breakfast. But I’m going to place way less importants on meal frequency and eating immediately upon waking or going to sleep than I did in the past.

Even when i eat 80+ % of my 5000cals after my workout starting at 6 or 630 i have no problem getting it all in. But i am abnormal when it comes to be able to eat large amounts of food. So even with large intakes it is possible if you are someone who has a large appetite.

When i open my eyes I´m hungry and i want a huge breakfast.

If i skip it and get to the train with my bike i tend to get very dizzy.

I love breakfast!

That adage “Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper” is stupid because who would try to eat a huge elaborate meal in the morning then come home later to your family after a hard day at work and tell them all sorry, I’m not eating with you y’see…I"m just having fucking Cheerios and then it’s off to bed for me.

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]chillain wrote:

[quote]therajraj wrote:

[quote]Gl;itch.e wrote:

[/quote]

That’s definitely true.

I just don’t know how practical it would be to start intaking food at say 1pm or later if you require a hefty caloric intake.[/quote]

Of course you’re right for those with larger kcal needs.

Thing is, there just aren’t that damn many true ecto/hardgainer-types* who truly need ~5k kcals to make progress. And there’s even fewer who’ve actually built enough LBM to necessitate that higher intake.

*internet diet numbers being an awful lot like internet lifting numbers: everyone needs 4000+ kcals to keep growing and yes, they already squat 405 for reps