Importance of Bone Structure

I don’t think 7 inches is all that small really. What are you whining about? Mine are 7 1/2 inches and look plenty big to me.

[quote]Gaius Octavius wrote:
I don’t think 7 inches is all that small really. What are you whining about? Mine are 7 1/2 inches and look plenty big to me.[/quote]

Mine are 7" but appear small because I have large hands.

It’s all illusions.

[quote]Short Hoss wrote:
Do direct forearm work.

Eat.

Stop crying.[/quote]

Haha :stuck_out_tongue: My diet is fine, not sure eating more chicken and eggs will make my bones grow thank you. And I’m not “crying” but merely trying to understand something.

Thanks for all the constructive answers, no I don’t do any direct biceps and forearm work aside from reverse grip curls. I’ll start performing hand and forearm work outside of the gym.

Someone asked about max deadlift, my lowest rep range is 5 so all I can tell you is that I can pull 245 5 times.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
no I don’t do any direct biceps and forearm work aside from reverse grip curls.
[/quote]

HA!!!

Yes, the new common sense is now not so fucking common.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

HA!!!

Yes, the new common sense is now not so fucking common.[/quote]

Yeah, but be honest…you saw this one coming.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

HA!!!

Yes, the new common sense is now not so fucking common.[/quote]

Lol, you should have just said it. “I told you so.”

I’m sure Tribunaldude will get the vibe of this site after a couple more months of posting. He’ll probably never be quite as cynical as you, but I’m pretty sure he’ll stop being so optimistic.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

HA!!!

Yes, the new common sense is now not so fucking common.

Yeah, but be honest…you saw this one coming.[/quote]

Yep.

What gets me are the ones who seem to not see it coming. Who the hell expects to get big arms without training them at all? This shit is ridiculous.

What is considered a “decent” size for forearms, anyway?

Mine seem small to me at 13.5" but I don’t know more than two people personally whose are bigger, either. And I know mine have plenty of room to grow.

[quote]futurepharm wrote:
What is considered a “decent” size for forearms, anyway?

Mine seem small to me at 13.5" but I don’t know more than two people personally whose are bigger, either. And I know mine have plenty of room to grow.[/quote]

I would expect most people to at least be within 2-3" of their upper arm measurement to look good. More than that and you must simply not be training them in any way.

He only pulls 245 (5 reps), he is still a beginner. He probably shouldn’t spend much time on direct arm work but should squeeze in some for vanities sake.

Don’t know why you’re so prompt to flaming ProfX, I never said I expected to get big arms without training them, if you reread my first post, you’ll notice that this was mostly about wrist size and not so much about forearms. Hell, I’m not even interested in growing bigger biceps or forearms, the grip and wrists were my only concerns.
Don’t know why you’re turning this into another debate about “isolation and direct arms work”.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
Don’t know why you’re so prompt to flaming ProfX, I never said I expected to get big arms without training them, if you reread my first post, you’ll notice that this was mostly about wrist size and not so much about forearms. Hell, I’m not even interested in growing bigger biceps or forearms, the grip and wrists were my only concerns.
Don’t know why you’re turning this into another debate about “isolation and direct arms work”. [/quote]

You think your grip is going to drastically improve with no muscle growth in that area?

It has been explained to you several times. 7" wrists are NORMAL for men. Larger than that would be considered “LARGE”. Why wouldn’t you be concerned about how small your forearms are?

You do realize that size isn’t going to come without actually getting stronger? You realize that strength and size, regardless of the bullshit increasing around this topic, are directly related?

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
I’m not even interested in growing bigger biceps or forearms, the grip and wrists were my only concerns.
[/quote]

THEN WHY POST IN A bodybuilding FORUM???

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:
I’m not even interested in growing bigger biceps or forearms, the grip and wrists were my only concerns.

[/quote]

To learn how to grow bigger wrist bones. Duh.

Yes I do realize all that, thank you for pointing it out after 4-5 people already did. And this topic was settled after the first few posts when people provided enlightment and even constructive links. I even said on the last page that I was going to start performing some more hands and forearm work, I really don’t see why you feel the need to beat on it more.

You can put your knowledge and experience to better use on these boards than by flaming others and beeing so cynical.

[quote]Rockscar wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

[/quote]

Because I was looking for tips and links to build a routine for lower arms? If you feel this post is not in the right forum, then why the hell do you even bother posting? Jeez.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:

You can put your knowledge and experience to better use on these boards than by flaming others and beeing so cynical. [/quote]

No, that is how I put those things to better use.

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
Rockscar wrote:
Kataklysm wrote:

Because I was looking for tips and links to build a routine for lower arms? If you feel this post is not in the right forum, then why the hell do you even bother posting? Jeez. [/quote]

You want a routine for lower arms that does NOT include gaining any muscle mass?

WTF?

Did I even say that? Pick up some reading comprehension :smiley: I said I wasn’t INTERESTED in forearms growth, that it wasn’t the main goal. Not that I wanted to AVOID it, I know it is necessary. See where I’m going? I only wanted to explain that the goal was to build more functionnal wrist strenght and stability, not forearm hypertrophy!

[quote]Kataklysm wrote:
Did I even say that? Pick up some reading comprehension :smiley: I said I wasn’t INTERESTED in forearms growth, that it wasn’t the main goal. Not that I wanted to AVOID it, I know it is necessary. See where I’m going? I only wanted to explain that the goal was to build more functionnal wrist strenght and stability, not forearm hypertrophy! [/quote]

Dude, you have 11 INCH forearms. You NEED some hypertrophy.