Implementing Wrist Wraps

Hello. I have a raw powerlifting meet in 6 weeks and just received in the mail some EliteFTS wrist wraps. Do you think that I should not even touch them until after my meet. Or should i just screw around with them now. I guess my biggest question is do you believe that it is too late to start using them in prep now. Perhaps i could use them as an accessory, like 3 x 6 just to get used to them. All opinions are appreciated.

Can you use them at your meet? If so use them. I have EliteFTS wrist wraps and I love them. I use them for lifts over 70% of my max. Feels good man.

Edit: made post about wrist straps by accident (sorry)

illadelhia91 Wrist WRAPS not Wrist STRAPS

Just put them on and use them, don’t worry about it.

[quote]Rawteen wrote:
illadelhia91 Wrist WRAPS not Wrist STRAPS[/quote]

My bad man, I deleted my post.

There’s really no learning curve with wrist wraps. It’s not like knee wraps.

[quote]Rawteen wrote:
Hello. I have a raw powerlifting meet in 6 weeks and just received in the mail some EliteFTS wrist wraps. Do you think that I should not even touch them until after my meet. Or should i just screw around with them now. I guess my biggest question is do you believe that it is too late to start using them in prep now. Perhaps i could use them as an accessory, like 3 x 6 just to get used to them. All opinions are appreciated. [/quote]

It’s not like they take some insane prep to learn how to use or anything. If you can use them in the meet, then use them. Just wrap your wrists and you should notice an instant improvement. The technique for the lift is still the same. I always use wraps on max effort work.

Is it USAPL? Pretty sure EFS wraps are illegal in USAPL competitions, so check out the rules of whatever fed is running it to be sure.

The meet is usapl. I don’t see how they are illegal tho. Could someone please look that over and see if they are legal they are called normal wrist wraps 60 cm here is the link http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=406&pid=3017

If it’s USAPL, they would follow the IPF approved list which doesn’t include EFS. Although most people don’t consider wrist wraps supportive (myself included) wrist wraps are covered under the IPF approved list. You can see it here http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/51.html and would include only Titan, Inzer or metal wraps.

Oddly, belts that meet their measurement guidelines are exempt.

Wrist wraps don’t have any learning curve and I use them quite a bit but I have girly stick wrists… but then I’m a girl :slight_smile:

I always wear mine, 'cept on warmups or when I forget them at home. They don’t provide spring or anything, just keeps your wrists safer. Just make sure if you’re going to use them, it’s measurements are allowed in your federation.

For bench, I throw them on for my last warm up set, then my work sets. Same goes with my squat and OHP.

CS

Anyone get away with using the EliteFTS wraps at an IPF meet. Ho through do these guys go into inspection. If this is the case and i cant get them then I will return them and get an inzer or titan pair.